Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen APD to be this visible as in the last 2-3 days. Driving from/to work, shopping, etc. I have seen more APD cars then I usually do in a week. They were even doing patrols with the Criminal Transport Vehicles last night. I mean it's refreshing to see them more visible but I wonder if there is a specific reason.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think this is the annual "get a Turk" week here in Atlanta. They didn't say so, but it's inferred! :woohoo: :rotfl2:

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
I haven't see any around me lately, Tace, but when I went to lunch with you, police were present, and I remember you saying there were even more that left when I arrived.

Yeah, I think they are out to get you.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
budder said:
tace, I know it's not my business, but why did Constantinople get the works?
What do you mean by "the works". If you mean to ask why the Eastern Roman empire lost their capital to the Ottomans, it's because of superior firepower. Turks built the largest cannons to date and pounded the city walls. Oh, that and a lucky break in one of the thinly guarded back gates ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
tace said:
budder said:
tace, I know it's not my business, but why did Constantinople get the works?
What do you mean by "the works". If you mean to ask why the Eastern Roman empire lost their capital to the Ottomans, it's because of superior firepower. Turks built the largest cannons to date and pounded the city walls. Oh, that and a lucky break in one of the thinly guarded back gates ;)
Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works
That's nobody's business but the Turks

No TMBG love?

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
I thought I was the only one on the forum who had ever heard that song. Anyway, it was Byzantium before that, a Greek city established c. 600 B.C.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Anyone with kids that are now teenagers has heard it....

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Wikipedia tells me it was Byzantion, not Byzantium, and that I was 85 years off.

:roll:
Don't believe everything you read on the Wiki. Never heard of "Byzantion" and I have been to pretty much every museum in Istanbul. :)

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
budder said:
USMC - Retired said:
Anyone with kids that are now teenagers has heard it....
Due to the kids or due to their age?
The kids. Of course that also means that many of our younger members heard it as kids...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts