What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Signal 69, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Victim employ your folder "knife"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Victim employ your gun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Victim try to get on the phone and call police

50.0%
  4. Bystander employ your folder to protect 3rd party

25.0%
  5. Bystander employ your knife

25.0%
  6. Bystander call police

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Signal 69

Signal 69 Member

Hello,
    GCO, I want to you look at this video more than once and then calm down and tell me what you would do if you were the victim, bystander or both.

Some of you may have seen this video before it is rather old. I tell people learn something about self protection you should be able to save your life or the lives of loved ones if you have to it just defpends on how far you want to take your training to. You can not always count on people to help you, it is stressful out there people have their own problems and do not want to get involved really.

I have to say that this video really pisses me off please do not stereotype one group of people ingorance comes in all groups but some get more media attention than others. When you run into an ignorant person of any group you have your hands full and if its right they see it wrong.

This guy is in line to order a pizza and this lady walks in and goes to the head of the line who knows why. However, the guy was talking to his girl friend an said this lady just jumped the line. She heard it and its on she calls her boy friend in and the rest is very bad.

I want to hear from lawyers on this one also please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10b2ZTYm ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIuG3Hv ... re=related

2. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

Bystander: Call the cops. (Also, try to help the guy out,)
    Victim: Try to call the cops (after getting my @$$ beat.) Not sure if I could do much after that 1st hit.

3. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

If I am the victim...while taking a beating such as that, I don't know if pulling a weapon would be in my best interest. After that initial hit, I would be disoriented and confused. Pulling a weapon in that situation would only be useful if I could create some distance between myself and my attacker. The last thing I would want is to pull my 1911, and have it get taken away in a wrestling match and have myself or a bystander shot. I would try my best to fight back with my fists and training. If I could create some distance, I would pull my weapon and attempt to deter any further attacks. If he kept coming, I would attempt to stop the threat on my life.

4. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Why isn't there an option for "bystander pull your gun"?

5. elandil

elandil Redneck Engineer

I still follow the first lesson I learned in self defense. That is "don't be in the way"

From what I can see, once the manager told her to leave, it was criminal trespass. Once she placed a hand on the victim, assault is arguable. With both of them talking stuff, disparity of force would also come into play.

As the victim, I would have sought exit once I saw what was going on. I think I would have been a little too nervous pulling a firearm in that crowded of an establishment. My thoughts would be to get space between me and him, and that was not happening inside.

As a bystander, once the first hit landed, I would have had to step in. Pulling a knife would not have been a choice, but alternative weaponry would not have been ruled out. Smacking him with a napkin holder, using a chair to inhibit movement, kick to the knee to disable, bodyblock to try to move him out the door... anything to help save the other guy.

6. Signal 69

Signal 69 Member

I messed up and put knife twice damn.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

As a bystander, I would not have employed a weapon at all, but I would have stopped fat boy from continuing his unprovoked beating. I guess the answer to every situation is not to stab or shoot somebody.

As the victim - hard to say without being there. He is off camera for most of it, down near the ground, so I am guessing he is almost unconscious. Introducing a gun in that situation may just result in him giving a gun to fat boy. I cannot say what I would do based only on the video. From what little I saw, the victim was too outmatched after the suckerpunch for an edged weapon to do any good.

8. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Ignorance has a name and a face...I find myself not surprised by the behavior exhibited in all honesty. I'm trying very hard not to be more irate about this kind of behavior...shouldn't have clicked this thread this early in the morning, lol.

The way I see it once that victim was down and continually being assaulted, his life was at risk (DA charging with felony assault seemed to agree with this idea). Well within my rights to deploy and use a weapon, I'd like to think (whether a jury would agree, who knows). If I were able to get between the victim and the attacker, I'd wait until it looked like I had no choice but to respond with force if need be--if it looked like attacker wasn't backing down, I'm not about to get hit like that while carrying. Of course, there's a good chance I'd be open carrying, so maybe the presence of a weapon alone would be enough to settle big boy down a bit.

As the victim, I'd be hoping there's a few people around with some bigger nuts than those around in this video. That's pretty pathetic that that many adult males can be there and not even try to do something. :roll:

Glad to see those pieces of :cantsay: got what they deserved.

9. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

He stayed "in the box" leaving himself no manuevering room.

At what point were the moments of his life no longer about ordering a pizza?

10. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

As victim the guy was done for with the first punch. As a bystander fat boy is catching a knee to the kidney when he turns and a haymaker to the temple to ground him then step on his neck until the cops show up. If he feels the need to try and get up THEN the pistol gets drawn to detain him for the officers. Assault+size difference= ability+intent to cause grievous bodily harm= forcible felony citizens arrest.

11. slammy

slammy New Member

As a bystander I would have pulled my weapon the second the first punch was thrown IF fatty had said something like "I'm gonna kill you MF". Without that type of threat uttered as someone else said I would use whatever was handy to stop him. I can't believe grown "men" stood by and let that beating happen.

12. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

I didn't vote in the poll, but I *THINK* this is what I'd do:

If I were the victim, I would have tried to leave before the fight started... if possible.
    If I were the victim, after the first punch, I would have been unconscious!

If I were a bystander, I probably would have drawn my gun and yelled. If he continued to beat the guy, or turned on me, BANG BANG! In which case, I'd probably be in jail... or out on bail... awaiting trial.

Of course, no one can really know beforehand how they will react until the situation actually occurs....

13. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

It wasn't a fight. It was an assault, and probably an attempted homicide. We don't know what shape the victim was in after the attack. One good punch or kick will kill as well as using a weapon, and dead is dead no matter how it's done. Going outside might have given him some distance, but he might have also run into a bunch of "fat boy homies", and been killed outside.

I believe we all have a responsibility to take action in felony assaults and attempted homicides. That said, I'm older now, and Matt I don't think I'm able to deliver a kidney kick. :lol: I'd avoid all contact with fat boy, and put distance between us, but I would be drawing my firearm, making sure he's looking down the barrel, and issuing some firm commands. If he rushed me, or continued his assault on the victim, he's DRT. Fat boy obviously has issues with rage. He probably beat his fat girlfriend after they left. It is sickening that none of the bystanders did anything.

14. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Great Minds Think Alike, CountryGun!

And you are correct, it was an ASSAULT, not a fight. My mistake.

15. Signal 69

Signal 69 Member

Believe it, it happens all the time.

16. slammy

slammy New Member

Yes and thats what is wrong with this world!

17. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

Someone once told me that you want to get as far away as possible from a crazy person. So, I wouldn't have said anything to that crazy lady in the first place. No pizza is worth my life.

As a bystander, I would have gone outside and called the cops. As the victim, I would have tried to leave the pizza shop when fatboy showed up. After the first punch, I would have just lain there half dead.

18. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Play possum?...................when some fool is kicking your head? Why bother carrying at all? You're probably going to die or lose a lot of childhood memories.

When you're being attacked with lethal force (inclusive of punches and kicks), it's time to go on the offensive.

19. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

I'm a petite woman. If fatboy had punched me like that, I would be down for the count and not able to respond. It wouldn't be a case of playing possum.

From what I saw on the video, it didn't look like the victim had enough working brain cells left to pull a gun after the first punch.

20. AirCrew

AirCrew New Member

Did not vote, nothing there I think I would have done.....However what I would like to have think I would have done...

Victim...Get out while getting is good. As someone said at what point is pizza worth the trouble. If I got hit , try to protect myself as best I can, after the first shot weapons were out of the question IMO.

Bystander...Kneed the POS in the nuts as hard as I could and solar plexus slug or throat chopped him every time he tried to move there after until LEO showed up and prayed his POS girlfriend did not try to get in the middle of it. Yelled for every idiot to help...some sheeple will help once action is iniated and the threat is extremely minimized.