What would you do?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by packin_peaches, Jul 24, 2007.

1. packin_peaches

packin_peaches New Member

A little over a week ago, my closest friend went to the mall with her two kids. Her oldest started throwing a temper tantrum for absolutely no reason (she does it ALL the time), and her mom spanked her twice. After that, a DFACS worker approached her while still in the same department store, and tried the whole 'oh sweety, why don't you give me your name and number so we can talk about the options available to you concerning these tantrums.' So the DFACS worker ended up with her name and number, and they are beginning the house visits to check on the kids. Would you even have acknowledged the DFACS worker/provided your name and number, or would you have told her to mind her own business?

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Told her that I had it under control and walked away. That's the problem with parents today. They are afraid to spank thier kids.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Tell DFACS to hit the road.

4. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

In that scenario I would have told anyone who approached me to go pound sand.

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Ditto

Ditto

Ditto

There is Georgia law that allows parents to spank kids. DFACS can go pound sand (or anything else for that matter).

6. Claire

Claire New Member

I agree with the others

7. Dan H

Dan H New Member

I would kindly tell them to take make like a tree and get out of here...

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Get. A. Lawyer.

Now.

9. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Tell 'em to bugger off.

"I see how well the gub'mint takes care of adults...you think I want you sticking your fingers into how my kids are raised?"

:roll:

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Good one McFly! :D

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:rotfl2:

12. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

This is simply ridiculous.

I was spanked as a child and I turned out fine. You know why? I learned there are consequences for unacceptable behavior.

There is no way the state is getting into my business, too much "gub'mint" already, IMHO.

Like MP said, get a lawyer now. The rights of the parents of this child have already been violated.

13. Dan H

Dan H New Member

:D

14. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

All of you are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got spanked and yet you say you turned out alright? I don't think soooooo.... You ALL carry GUNs, How insane.....................

:rotfl2:

15. tace

tace New Member

Ahem, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion

:lol:

16. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I'm not going to make any judgments but it seems that most of y'all have not had any dealings with DFACS. If the individual refused to answer questions or provide the requested information, that DFACS bitch could have taken custody of the child and you could not have done anything about it except contact your attorney.

Long story but I have first hand knowledge about the abuse of power and lack of accountability these @ssholes are capable of. Believe it or not they are not even held to perjury laws.

MP has the best advice, call your lawyer ASAP. You are going to need them.

Chris

17. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

My parents were always concerned of something happening whenever they spanked me or my sister in public. Also, they're intention was to discipline us... not to embarrass us! So... if we were in public they would always get our attention and tell us that we were going to be spanked for our actions... then they would spank us once we got to the car or to the house.

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

19. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I would have walked away and not provided any info.

Tell her not to let them in her house without a court order.

DEFACS is in a horrible position, if they leave a child in situation where something bad happens they take the blame, but they also get the blame if they do take a child. That being said, there isn't anyway they are coming to my house. When our daughter was born they came our hospital room wanting to set up visit to our house. It was very obvious they weren't used to being told no.