Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Recently purchased a Python, lifelong dream has been attained. I won’t say what I paid but after shooting it Iwill say it was worth every penny. Also from my perspective the new Python is every bit as good as the original. I have fired 2 examples of the new and 3 of the old.

·
Professional Troll
2,277 Posts
Sig P320 AGX Classic

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,841 Posts
R-51.

Nemo

·
Registered
8,998 Posts
Sig P225 slightly used in 2010. Newly manufactured (2009) - seems Sig found a stash of parts from the gun that they had stopped making 10+ years before and did another run.
A relative of the older mass produced P6.

Actually the P225 is my third purchase back in time from today, but the only "special" Sig.

The other two Sigs I bought since the P225 are just too similar to ones I already have.

150 rounds through it when I got it, 3 mags, lots of holsters, pacy grips, night sites (that used to work)

Deal of the century and my favorite shooter of the too many Sigs I own.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,451 Posts
Bought a 3" bbl. Smith & Wesson model 37 (that's a alloy framed five shot small frame 38 revolver). It dates to 1981.
I immediately sold my 2 inch barrel model 637 which is a much newer generation (2013) version of the same gun which actually had a much nicer trigger pull- because it came from the Performance Center shop at S&W... but I wanted the 3 inch barrel!

This was just a month or so ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Bought a 3" bbl. Smith & Wesson model 37 (that's a alloy framed five shot small frame 38 revolver). It dates to 1981.
If you have had the chance to shoot the 37 I'd be interested to know your opinion of the weapon. I carried one of those way back when I got demoted to Detective. I never could get to where I wanted to be with it. Good enough but not where I wanted to be.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,451 Posts
It's noticeably more accurate than my 2 inch barrel Smith & Wesson revolvers-- of which I've owned three over the years and frequently shot my brother's as a 4th.

I figured that having a 50% longer barrel and a longer site radius would help a lot when shooting with iron sights, and it has.

With The Crimson Trace laser grips in place I still feel the 37 with a 3 inch tube should be somewhat more accurate, but right now I am not realizing that accuracy due to the difference in DA trigger pull weights --the 1980s era revolver has a 14 pound trigger pull and my newer one that came from the Smith & Wesson Performance Center had only a 7 pound double action pull.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,377 Posts
Ruger AR556

·
Registered
882 Posts
AEA Challenger .357 pcp air rifle. It's pushing 82 grain pellets super sonic. I need to pick out a mold to cast some heavier slugs. The 82gr pellets at 1200 fps deliver 261# at the muzzle. That's about midrange .38 special power, straight out of the box. With the right slug and a little tuning it will do over 400 foot pounds.

I need to get a suppressor for it, the neighbors called the sheriff's office on me and I live on 50 acres in the county. It was pretty funny to me, because when I saw the deputy drive by from the front porch I thought about having to explain that I was shooting a pellet gun. In fairness to the neighbor though, we have new neighbors on the other side that I have almost called the law on. Shortly after they moved in, they started shooting after dark. One night they were doing mag dumps with something like a 10 round 9mm at 11pm, and occasionally you would hear a hand cannon. About 10 minutes after I saw the deputy drive by, I walked out the front door and saw the deputy walking through our side yard. He came through the woods from the neighbor's house. I wasn't too happy about that, but at least he saw my backstop so he really wasn't concerned when I spoke with him.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,451 Posts
AEA Challenger .357 pcp air rifle...

The second most recent "gun" that I bought was two years ago, when I bought a .177 spring-piston (break barrel) air rifle with a scope. Got it from a private party seller for $55.

I wanted it for backyard target practice and possible pest control.

I'll tell you -- it is louder than a full length .22 rifle using CCI Quiet rounds or CB long rounds. But it's safer, since the little 7 grain pellets that it fires will lose their velocity in the air so much faster than a 29 to 40 gr. rimfire bullet will.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts