What type of punishment?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Claire, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Claire

Claire New Member

Someone posted this story on my pet rescue forum
    http://www.suffolkspca.org/Maximus.htm

sick effers!

made me think - if the jerks get caught
    what type of punishment do they deserve?

tie them up to a tree & pour gas on them? :p

eye for an eye?

2. M249

M249 New Member

No, that's a waste. I vote we send 'em to Baghdad and make them drive down condition black roads to clear them.

Put cameras all over the vehicles and put it on the Game Show network so we can all enjoy and the profits from the show could go to the Humane Society or similar organizations.

3. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Claire, I am an animal person and that article made me unbelievably angry and sad at the same time. While I don't think an animal's life equates to that of a human's I do think that the penalties for torturing an animal are far too easy. If the people responsible for doing this horrible thing to this dog are caught, they should do hard time in my opinion.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I don't either. In some cases, the animal's life is worth a lot more than some humans.

5. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Unless, of course, that animal is a "FALCON"!! Sorry, couldn't help myself. :lol:

6. tony218

tony218 New Member

there is only one falcon that comes to mind right now.

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

:righton:

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Maybe we should put a certain 'Falcon' in a ring with a POed pit bull or two and let him fight. :twisted:

9. Claire

Claire New Member

:D

10. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Or get him a bunch of O-linemen whose wives are members of PETA.

Who do you think the linemen will want to hear complaining less?

:wink:

11. AV8R

AV8R Banned

12. Claire

Claire New Member

AV8r - its sickening the amount of animal cruelty cases you can read everyday :(

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

We had a couple of kids down here in Macon that were doing this a few months ago. They got caught but I never heard what happened to them. Nothing like what should have I know that. I do recall that these kids were already going to the local school for delinquents. My wife used to teach there so she recognized the names... Prelude to homicide is the way I see it. We don't even want to discuss what they shold ro to M Vic. :evil:

14. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Georgia Penalties

The law in Georgia already allows for some "hard time" for doing such an act. 16-12-4 (c) creates the felony offense of Aggravated Cruelty to Animals, with up to 5 years in prison and up to a $15,000 fine.

However, if the animal neither dies nor suffers disfigurement nor loss of use of some part of its body, then it's just plain "animial cruelty" which is a misdemeanor. Maximum sentence of 12 months in jail.

I like the felony law. It's worded in such a way that people can understand when it shall apply and when it won't. Contrast that with the misdemeanor version-- "...causes unjustifiable physical pain or suffering... by an act or an omission..." So if you smack your dog for jumping up on the dining room table, you could get convicted. That kind of law is too broadly phrased, and subject to way too much leeway in interpreting it.

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Time to play devil's advocate for the board libertarians.

If I own a dog why can't I do whatever I want to with it? A dog is not a "person" but merely property.

Why shouldn't I be able to cook one and eat it or dogfight with it?

16. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Ducking and running for cover time. :roll:

17. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I believe in Georgia we're calling it "Vick's Advocate" these days.

:wink:

18. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I actually have no problem if you choose to eat your dog. Many societies do eat dogs. But as with any other livestock you should kill it as humanely and quickly as possible.

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

American's place a high level of importance on their pets. We near worship our animals or treat them as if they were our own children.

However, the law says they are property. So if one wanted to eat his animal [pig, goat, cat, dog, what have you] then they should be allowed to do so. But, it should be done in a humane way. Torturing any living being is wrong....unles you're Jack Bauer and the bomb is set to explode in the next episode. :D

20. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

For all of the Georgia Southern crowd here, Erk stated in his book that it used to offend him that people in GA named their sons Vince while naming their dawgs Erk. He said that when he moved to South GA and saw the importance that people there placed on their dawgs he began to take it as an honor.