Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
Joined
·
11,725 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, the votes have been tallied. And the winner is...drumroll please...Ms. Puerto Rico! <massive applause>

The first runner up is Ms. Uzbek, and the second runner up is Ms. Greece. Ms. Israel wins the prize for most beautiful next-door girl.

Thank you all for voting. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
I must say, the ones that stick out to my eye are all Western European..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
Iceland would've beat them all, but sadly they're not shown. Next in line are Scandinavians.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
That's pretty cool how they've mashed all the photos up to create an 'average' face. Although I'm not surprised by the results since one of the few actually quantifiable aspects of 'beauty' is symmetry.

Human beings are subtly attracted to symmetry....not too hard to believe since perfect physical form would indicate superior genetics(or, at least, fewer defects) and, therefore, more appealing mating prospects.

Here's a link to an article on ScienceDaily addressing the same phenomenon: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 122409.htm

I'd be curious to know exactly how big the sample size was from the geekologie article.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Member Georgia Carry
Joined
·
11,725 Posts
SaltySamurai said:
That's pretty cool how they've mashed all the photos up to create an 'average' face. Although I'm not surprised by the results since one of the few actually quantifiable aspects of 'beauty' is symmetry.

Human beings are subtly attracted to symmetry....not too hard to believe since perfect physical form would indicate superior genetics(or, at least, fewer defects) and, therefore, more appealing mating prospects.

Here's a link to an article on ScienceDaily addressing the same phenomenon: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 122409.htm

I'd be curious to know exactly how big the sample size was from the geekologie article.
Yep symmetry is a major one. For me, another major factor is how far apart the eyes are. Ladies with average to wide-set eyes are much more attractive to me that ones with narrow-set eyes.

Sometimes lack of symmetry doesn't hurt beauty. There was one actress, on Smallville I think, that was "cock-eyed", but quite pretty.

I'm also not one to be put off even by facial scars, if I can see that the woman has an otherwise pretty face. Women with scars should know that a lot of men feel the same way, and should not be discouraged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sometimes lack of symmetry doesn't hurt beauty. There was one actress, on Smallville I think, that was "cock-eyed", but quite pretty.
Think Shannon Doherty. Ever notice how she almost always cocks her head in photos. Like a human Picaso.



If you want to talk symmerty imagine Denzel Washington's face (good)

compared to Lyle Lovett.

Ugh!

a good article on why prototypical faces and mathematically average faces are more appealing:
http://www.bu.edu/phpbin/news-cms/news/ ... 7&id=41272
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
I was expecting to find a morbidly obeese woman for the US at the end of the chart. I know they listed English on there and we have a deverse population of differernt nationalities here, but still. That was my first thought.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Whoa, the majority of them all all beautiful. With only a few I was not attracted to. Gorgeous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,864 Posts
ClayD said:
I was expecting to find a morbidly obeese woman for the US at the end of the chart. I know they listed English on there and we have a deverse population of differernt nationalities here, but still. That was my first thought.
Me too.

for some reason I find the eyes on Japanese American women to be captivating. I drill with a girl I swear looks just like Lucy Liu
 

·
Swollen Member
Joined
·
11,929 Posts
Ashe said:
ClayD said:
I was expecting to find a morbidly obeese woman for the US at the end of the chart. I know they listed English on there and we have a deverse population of differernt nationalities here, but still. That was my first thought.
Me too.

for some reason I find the eyes on Japanese American women to be captivating. I drill with a girl I swear looks just like Lucy Liu
Lucky bastard gets to drill a girl that looks like Lucy Liu. :D
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Ohh yeah, the Asian Persuasion, man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
gotta be between the greek, and that cute little swiss roll......
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top