What sight are y'all running on your carry pistol?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Forkhorn, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Forkhorn

Forkhorn New Member

Time for me to get rid of the factory jobs on my Glock & XD. Don't know which way to go.... Trijicons, Mepro's, Tru-Glo, XS????? I was thinking Mepro's for the Glock, since they make the upgrade that Glock puts on as a factory unit & XS with a Big Dot front sight on my XD subcompact as it is more of a close-up work piece. What do you run/recommend? Why? +/-

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

The Trijicons night sights came factory installed on my TRP and I haven't seen a reason to look at using anything different.

3. SaltySamurai

SaltySamurai New Member

For my carry pistol.....my priority is brightness. In a self defense situation......I'd estimate that the odds you're actually aiming are slim. So sight alignment will be peripheral at best. I have green/green Glock Night Sites on my 23 and 22 because they're bright and they have a low profile for easy holstering/carrying convenience.

For a plinker or competition pistol.....obviously, the priority is greatly different. I'd go with Ameriglo, or whatever company it is that has the wide rear notch and skinny front post. Having space on either side of the front post is a huge alignment aid (at least for me) as it also gives you a better view of the target.

But again, two different scenarios with different needs. Well....when it comes to sights.....they're only a 'need' in one of the above scenarios.

4. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

I am pretty bad when it comes to this topic because I only have one set of aftermarket sights. I have a set of Meprolight on my Glock 19 that I really like. They are nice and bright and I haven't had an issue with them snagging on anything. I would love to get a set of Big Dot for my Glock 36. I am not too happy with the stock Glock sights. It's something about that goal post I think. My Colt is also stock but it is a 3 dot system that I do like and I'm not sure if my S&W Model 60 can fit a different front sight? Can anybody answer that? It's my only wheel gun and I don't know too much about them. Forget about my P3AT.
    [​IMG]

5. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

bomar adjustable on the rear, novak red on the front. cheeeaaaaa

6. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

I have Glock night sights, Trijicons and TruGlo TFOs on my various Glocks and Kahr pistols. I like them all actually. But, I have to say the TFOs are a very bright green, day and night, due to their fiber optic design. Really catches your eye. Gets a lot of notice at the range.

7. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Boring old stock Kel-Tec dots. Honestly, I don't practice past 10yds with it, and I can get COM shots with minimal sighting at that range. The Hi-Power, OC/BBQ gun, has green Trijicons front and back.

8. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

All of mine have factory sights on them . I dont really use the Night sights dunno why either. I figure for the 100+ i spend on sights i can buy ammo and become more proficient with my firearm. This is just my :2cents:

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What? You took them to the vet?

10. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

:lol: . his sights lost their MOJO

11. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

12. Nothclif

Nothclif Member

Truglo TFO green/green.

13. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Mine are the factory SigLite Nightsights. They are very bright. All green. I hear Trijicon is the way to go, if you're looking for some of the best.

14. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Mepros on the Kimber Custom II TLE, Trijicons on the daily carry SR9c.

15. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

He had to do something, his sights were running around all over the place. He was told that if he got them fixed, they might stay put a little more often. :shattered:

16. suttree

suttree New Member

Big dot on my ultra carry. Not the the most accurate sights, but a really quick sight picture.

17. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Meps for me. They use the same tritium supplier Trijicon uses and charge $20 less.

18. dam294

dam294 Active Member

I went with Glock NS on all of my Glocks. They are plenty bright for me and the price is right if you buy them and have them installed at the mother-ship in Smyrna. About $65 installed if my memory serves me.

19. dunkel

dunkel New Member

My 220 has night sights that are good after 10+ years. Not sure if they're factory or not. Still glow pretty well, but I'm sure not as bright as when they were new.

My PT145 has the factory Heinie "Straight 8". They took a little getting used to, but once I did, it's easy enough to be accurate enough.