Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Imagine there is a worthy cause that you strongly support that is holding a raffle for a pistol. What one pistol would you like to win? Keep in mind we're talking new production pistols not a one of a kind baby Luger or a gold plated 1911 with ivory grips. Also, try to keep the retail value of the gun under $1500. Just what would you want to win for carry or otherwise?

I'll go first:

Stainless Kimber Custom II TLE

EDIT: This should be something you don't already own unless you would want to win a second one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Glock 20 because 10MM will cure ALL two legged threats a a large amount of 4 legged types as well!

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,869 Posts
Nickel Plated Colt 1911 with ivory grips. The owner of that new gun shop in Buford (I forget the name right now) showed me his. It's a beautiful piece.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ruger Super Redhawk, cal .454 Casull .

I always wanted to fire one of those puppies off. Not a CCW weapon by any stretch, but a great survival sidearm.

*No, Mr. Brown Bear...That's MY can of Spagettios! *BOOM!!!*

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hummm..so many choices. I was just looking at the HK P2000 SK.. I would like one of those in .357 sig.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
USMC - Retired said:
Keep in mind we're talking new production pistols not a one of a kind baby Luger or a gold plated 1911 with ivory grips.
Adam5 said:
Nickel Plated Colt 1911 with ivory grips. The owner of that new gun shop in Buford (I forget the name right now) showed me his. It's a beautiful piece.
:roll:

Sorry that's not a current production gun, please try again.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
SIG P226 Tactical.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,869 Posts
I still woud want a nice nickel or chrome plated 1911 with ivory grips (fake anyway since real ones aren't PC enough these days)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Springfield Armory TRP 1911 with the light rail, adj. night sights, and the G10/linen micarta(? )grip panels. These can be had for less than $1500...barely. (not the TRP Pro it's $2500-3$k)

I've already got a Kimber Tactical Custom II. It's just to nice for everyday use.

I want a beater 1911 .45 :lol:

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
RepeatDefender said:
SIG P229 SAS 9mm
I'd take one of those, too.

Anything by SIG, basically.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,259 Posts
12" Raging Bull

I'd go with one of those Taurus stainless steel revolvers in .357 or .44 magnum with a 12" or 14" barrel. If I could win free ammo too, then I'd say a S&W 500. But I can't afford to feed that thing at two bucks a shot.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
budder said:
A Springfield EMP.

Anything suppressed :D
+1 on the suppressor, especially if somebody else pays the $200 bribe... er, I mean "tax".

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Greetings,

My wife said Taurus Raging bull .454 Casull, but I told her someone mentionned it already. Then she said "The Judge with the longest barrell!!!!!!"

Thank you

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
kestak said:
Greetings,

My wife said Taurus Raging bull .454 Casull, but I told her someone mentionned it already. Then she said "The Judge with the longest barrell!!!!!!"

Thank you
There's a .454 in the current raffle. A Ruger Super Redhawk. That's on 19 JUL.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts