"What not to say when pulled over by a cop"

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by HydroAuto, Sep 20, 2010.

1. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... r-by-a-cop

Some excerpts:

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Roll over and throw your rights away like a good [s:qjma7zxu]citizen[/s:qjma7zxu] subject.

Jesus, what else do they want me to do? Get out of the car, drop my pants, grease up, grab my ankles, and say "Thank you sir, may I have some more?"

:censored: that. And :censored: any cop (or anybody else, for that matter) who doesn't respect my rights.

3. fiwit

fiwit New Member

That was how I read it, too.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I'm far from anti-LEO, but I must offer the following:
    If I have a question, I'll ask it. I'm pretty sure there is no law against that. I'll be polite, but I will ask.

True - it is on my hip, not in my lap.

Funny - that is the same thing I think when detectives are lying to a suspect....

There I can't fault the LEO - no telling who they have just pulled over and what risk their facing. I have my windows down, interior lights on (if night time), and hands on the wheel.

5. RickN

RickN New Member

You really think so? Arguing, lying, getting angry, and bribing police WILL increase the likelihood of a ticket/arrest. It sounds like decent advice.

I may have the right to call a cop a &$#^%$, but it is good idea not to do this.

"Don't bribe a cop" advice is not throwing away your rights or analogous to getting reamed.

6. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

Yeah, the 4 main points are certainly good guidelines... its the filler in between that the Chicago reporter used that spoils the article.

7. vanguard

vanguard New Member

AMEN :righton:

8. Target

Target New Member

#2 and #4 are good rules. #1 and #3 are good guidelines.

I have violated guideline #1 more than once and slightly bent guideline #3 one time that I recall. I was never cited when I did either. YMMV

9. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

...also an attack on one's integrity when a "9 out of 10" assumption is made.

10. gordon11

gordon11 New Member

What not to say...
    "There's a body in the trunk" I can think of many others. :roll:

11. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

When asked this question I did stare blankly and say "no, I took it out and buried it". :)

The officer didn't see the humor in that. :(

But I didn't get a ticket. :D

12. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

I do a lot of hunting, therefore I always hav e a tarp in the car, which has some blood on it, and there are some blood stains in the back of my car, all from deer and wild hogs. I'm just waiting to get hold of the wrong cop...........

13. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Consider adding some hair from a woman's hair brush to the blood stains. A bloody pair of women's shoes would be a nice touch too.

14. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

It would be my luck there was a murder 1 county over and they "match up" this evidence with the crime scene. I've always said they could "plant and doctor" the evidence and arrest and jail you for any crime they (the government) want to. Don't believe I want to play this game.

15. Arkimedes

Arkimedes New Member

I have your box of Krispy Kreme donuts in the back seat. AIFTG?

16. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

This. I never want to take that chance.

17. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

"Respect authority or you increase the chance of a pricey ticket"

Um... no. :censored: authority.