Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I like all of mine equally, like i will with my future children. Except for the hi-point... It's a bastard step child...

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
My favorite handgun, ( currently ) is my Kimber Pro CDP II. 8)

While I still have a ways to go before I'm completely 'in the groove' with her, so far, things are looking pretty good! :D

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
But I have been eyeball'n a Springfield 1911 45,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
345 Posts
dmaynor said:
Guns are like women: love the one in your hand, lust after the one someone else has, tell stories about the one that got away, fear the one that is unstable and could explode...
Best answer I've heard...

·
Registered
847 Posts
My favorite currently-owned gun is my Glock 23. I mean....if something spends more time in your pants than your hands (for most of you)...you'd better at least like it more than a friend.

Although, if I were to make a case for the 'best all-around handgun'.....I'd go with the Glock 19. No handgun better combines hi-capacity with concealability with reliability with accuracy with easy-to-use-ability. The Glock 19 has enough rounds to be a primary night-stand/defend your home handgun. The Glock 19 is compact enough for everyday carry. And the Glock 19 will go 'bang' everytime.

Yes, it's 9mm.....and even though I shoot .40, I refuse to seriously belittle 9mm unless it's with someone who took a 9mm double-tap to center mass and went on cooking his/her eggs. In fact, for all of you who've belittled ANY caliber without first being shot by it....or shooting somebody CM with it and that person pausing to lick his/her own blood before becoming enraged like Bruce Lee and continuing to stomp your face......you have NO FRAME OF REFERENCE. So stop vomiting hyperbole that you saw in the interwebs and grow up.

My 2nd choice for 'best all-around handgun' is the XDm 9mm. It loses points to the G19 in reduced concealability and not-so-precise trigger (IMO).......but it's also greatly reliable, accurate, and holds 19+1!!! I only held a fully-loaded XDm once.....but I can't lie.....I felt pretty manly with 20 rounds in my hand.

These guns probably wouldn't win any beauty contests......but I'm just offering nominees for 'best all-around.'

·
Registered
10 Posts
Favorite is my Les Baer TRS. Beautiful 1911, probably the pride of my collection. I carried it for almost a year but damn 45acp is expensive. Switched to Glock 17 and 26 and shoot more often as a result. Will still carry it on occasion.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
A Beretta 92 w/Crimson Trace grips in a Serpa CQC Sporter holster is my choice. 1 hydroshock to the chest and it will leave their 15 friends rethinking the error of their ways, but we won't discuss the 2 extra mags on my otherside......

·
Registered
135 Posts
My favorite pistol is a SA/DA Beretta 92 in 9mm with a stainless or nickel finish with either rubber or oak grips. It would most definitely be my "dream character" or "residual self-image" gun. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
FN 5.7. It just might be my next purchase.

Quest50 said:
I like all of mine equally, like i will with my future children. Except for the hi-point... It's a bastard step child...
My brother gave me a HP C9 about 12 years ago. It stays in the tool box in the garage while the rest of my guns are on a rack in my safe, except for the HD guns in the bed room & the one I'm wearing. Another bastard step child.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry, but two for me, based on caliber:

1) 9mm - CZ 75-B in stainless steel finish (new to CZ's but LOVE them now)
2) 45ACP - STAR Megastar in Nickel plate finish (it's a big as$ 45) - need to have Ryan make me a holster one of these days

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.