Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

What is your CURRENT formal education level?

• High School Diploma or GED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Associate's Degree

• Bachelor's Degree

• Master's Degree, JD, etc.

• Doctorate Degree, Medical Degree, etc.

• None of the Above

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious. This board seems rather educated.

I'll start. I have a B.A. :oops:

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have added the option "None" to the poll.

Mods, it would be nice if you could add this to the poll for me because I want it to be accurate. It won't let me add it now. Thanks.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I'm who-knows-how-long from a B.S. in Criminal Justice.

Yeah, yeah, I know, don't waste your time getting a degree in CJ, but at this point I really don't care what the degree's in, as long as I can check that box on an application.

Yes, I have a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice, would you like fries with that?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I have all three (AA-Business Administration,BS-Public Accounting,MBA-Information Systems Management)!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Well...I have a High School Diploma, and attended various colleges for many years...prolly almost enough to have earned a degree...but I never did settle down on a major.

So, I have 4 or 5 years of college under my belt, but never graduated. 8)

Then, I went into a field where a college degree is pretty much useless. (Network Engineering)

I have the same job / pay (at same company) as a friend of mine who has a Master's in City Management, and every Cisco certification he could get his hands on. I, on the other hand, have 8+ years experience doing the job, and didn't waste all that time, effort, and money. 8)

I think college is a great thing...for most jobs (other than low end stuff), but not necessary for some.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,861 Posts
I have a couple of years at a couple of colleges. When I was "college age" I was more concerned about drinking, hustling pool, and getting laid than I was about school. I went back 12 years ago and took all the classes to top get my Novell Certified Network Engineer certificate, but that was when my daughter was born 3 month searly... then my divorce..... and I got side tracked.

After my wife gets her MBA next year, I want to finish a degree.

·
Registered
588 Posts
B.S. in Economics.

Unfortunately, I'm currently not using it as I work in retail...being dummied down. Trying to find something else, but because I have no experience doing anything else...it's hard.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I have a HS Deploma (public schools) but plenty of college courses to have degree but never settled on one. Of course 21 years Army experience OJT.

Be nise to have a option of HS, with college course but no degree.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
gsusnake said:
Yeah, yeah, I know, don't waste your time getting a degree in CJ . . .
As long as you know . . .
With the three minors (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Math) and all the other classes I've taken from every time I've changed my major it might as well be just a General Studies degree.

I fully intend to get a Master's in whatever I decide to get it in after graduating with the BS, so the field the BS is in doesn't really matter, as long as I have it.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
B.S. in BS, School of Hard Knocks, Parris Island.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
High school degree.

Working on my undergraduate degree as we speak.

Ultimately, I would like earn a masters or even a doctorate level education. I thirst for knowledge.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts