What is wrong with people

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by S&W 40, Oct 17, 2007.

1. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302197,00.html
    [/quote]MADISON, N.J. — Public uproar that compared an image to a lynching has led a Madison family to remove a hanged dummy from its Halloween display.

Cheryl and David Maines fear for their safety.

The couple's 27-year-old son has decorated their home for seven Halloweens. The hanged dummy, which has a black hood, is usually partially hidden.

But police started getting calls on Sunday, saying the display was racist. The state chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People said it was offensive and insensitive.

The family tells The Star-Ledger of Newark the display was not meant to be a hate crime.[/quote]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302277,00.html
    PC blows, people need to get a life and grow up.

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Swearing is a crime now? I can understand that it would be a problem if you were in public, disrupting an event or trying to piss people off, but complaining about your overflowing toilet requires some choice words. It's not exactly a good situation. :?

3. Taler

Taler New Member

Lol. Screw it.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

ACLU just loves numbers 1, 3,4, and 5... [Best Terry Gilliam Voice]But 2 is right out!(Unless thou proceedeth directly to 3.[/Voice]

5. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

just another example of life here ........

Its coming I dont know when but something has to give in this country.

6. moga

moga New Member

what's coming?

7. kkennett

kkennett New Member

There's a home in my neighborhood with a full gallows in their front yard for Halloween. I don't particularly like it or the questions it makes my little ones ask, but I don't call the cops, complain to the neighborhood association, and generally make an ass out of myself. That's called actual tolerance, not PC lip service. In today's world, up is down.

8. moga

moga New Member

Sound like my live and let live philosophy. It keeps my mental landscape much less cluttered.

I don't much care what you do just as long as it doesn't endanger/harm me or others. If I b!tched & moaned about all that I don't like I'd never get anything done and I'd have a constant headache to show for my efforts. And I'd probably look a lot like so many people look that I see on the freeway or while driving in general. Stress will kill ya!

Still curious to know what's coming though.

9. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Mental Floss

10. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

+1.

My opinion on Halloween is that it is "for the children", I mean actual children. When adults carry it that far or intentionally try to scare the crap out of kids that come to their door it pisses me off. Spider webs - great, costumes - great, general themed decorations - great, scary music - fine, jumping out at my kid - at your own risk. Remember - kids kick, punch, & bite. More importantly, daddy is armed. LOL.

I agree with kkennett in that I do not want to have to explain to my child what those things are and why the homeowner put them there. But, I am not complaining to anyone about it either. I will just skip that house on the trick-or-treating and try to not draw anymore attention to it than is necessary.

If all else fails, I will use the stock answer parents give when they don't wish to explain the truth to a child, "I don't know what those are honey. Now, let's go get some candy at that house over there."

PS
    Another thing that pisses me off is teenagers trick-or-treating. Get a dang life. Especially, the ones that aren't even wearing costumes. Sorry, when you get in high school the trick-or-treating must stop. Hey loser, ever wonder why you can't get a girl to "go with you"?

11. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

A change in the way this country grows into the future....

Nothing too deep just amazing how times have changed thats all I was getting at:)

12. tace

tace New Member

Oh, that reminds me. I need to head to the range to make my Halloween decorations :lol:

I have put up a baby/puppy gate at my front door before and have my larger dog greet trick or treaters. That was fun for me. And if they were still at the door, I gave them bunch of chocolates :)

13. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

[​IMG]

14. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

Just another diversionary tactic to keep Americans bitching with each other about matters that don't amount to :censored: .

15. merlock

merlock Active Member

That irks me too. In the last couple of years, we've only had maybe a dozen people come to the door, and these were from the hood (it was pretty obvious), and they were driving around. It was hilarious-they pulled in my driveway...piled out...got a resounding rejection :lol:...they piled back in the car, and drove to the next door neighbors house. :roll:

They repeated the same scene the entire length of the street. :shakehead:

16. LeCZends

LeCZends Guest

So I'm curious what makes it obvious? I want to know how by just looking at someone you can tell what type of physical environment they were raised or are currently in.

17. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... hp?p=93440

18. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

OK NO LIAM POST HERE cann't we all get along?