Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never see any comments on this gun? I know I had one in 9mm and never had a problem with it, but you never hear about them on here, is it just because they are cheap in price ?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,838 Posts
iirc i think people dislike the trigger and other than that i think S&W had to pay glock money cause they basically cloned it....

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Nothing is wrong with it. I have one and I like it very much, shoot better with it than with any of my other guns.

Yes, S&W did shamelessly copied Glock. But I did not know that when I got mine. It was half the price of a comparable Glock.

so :righton: on the S&W Sigma 9mm

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had an early, pre-lawsuit Sigma 9mm ten years ago. It had a long trigger, but ran fine. I also had a Sigma compact 9 which was a good size for carry, although I wasn't old enough to legally carry it at the time.

I know several people who have the newer versions of the Sigma and like them. My friend has one in .40 and likes the long trigger because he is new to firearms and feels that it add a bit of safety to it.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
Nada.

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
Rumor is they jam a lot.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Sir,

The Sigma is a very accurate pistol. :righton: The problem is the over heavy trigger. :( Most shooters tend to move the pistol off target, as they tighten up on the trigger.

I think Wolf Spring Co. makes a trigger spring kit for it that makes the trigger much lighter. The S&W board will be a big help to you.

Best,
broomhandle

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,026 Posts
my friend has a sigma...the trigger pull IS insanely long...basically its a crappier ver of a glock...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have recently bought a Sigma .40. Trigger is quite heavy, something I'm still getting used to but it is not a problem, just different. Very happy with it. I have only fired a couple hundred rounds through it, but it has performed flawlessly so far. And the value can't be beat. I have 4 boys so finances are always top priority. I can't afford a high dollar Glock, Kimber, Sig etc. when the end all result is no different between them. Squeeze trigger, gun go boom, target eradicated.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Nothing is wrong with them. If your get one and hate the trigger pull S&W will lighten it if you send it to them.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The Sigma was my first pistol purchase. I, like others, had to send it back to a S&W repair center (at no cost to me, either way) and they replaced the trigger assembly. It felt gritty and extremely heavy. When I got it back, the trigger was much better but still heavy. According to the S&W repair center, the pistol was purposely designed to have a high trigger pull. It was designed to be a transition gun for LEOs from revolvers to the semi-auto platform. There are many topics on the internet that give detailed instructions on how to "fix" the Sigma trigger. Google search "Sigma trigger fix." I have not done the trigger fix on mine. Currently, my Sigma is on loan with a fellow forum member who needed something quickly until he could make another pistol purchase. When I get it back, it will resume its role as my truck gun.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Rumor is they jam a lot.
I've never had a jam. I have one in .40. The only .40 I own. The only problem is the heavy trigger. SheriffOconee(I believe could be wrong) posted a link in another message about the Sigma which told about removing 2 springs. I tried that now the trigger is nice(reduced weight I'd guestimate about 80-85%). No where near as nice as one of my HK's but very nice for what it is. Also I keep the pistol in my car 90% of the time.

broomhandle said:
Hi Sir,

The Sigma is a very accurate pistol. :righton: The problem is the over heavy trigger. :( Most shooters tend to move the pistol off target, as they tighten up on the trigger.

I think Wolf Spring Co. makes a trigger spring kit for it that makes the trigger much lighter. The S&W board will be a big help to you.

Best,
broomhandle
What I found from Wolf was the lighter striker spring and there were alot of complains about FTF's from it not enough force hitting the primer.

I also have a 9mm barrel and slide which is cool and works great with the .40 mags as 9mm mags will not lock into the .40 frame. Makes it kind of the like the beretta 92/96 combo they used to sell. lol

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Rumor is they jam a lot.
I've owned a SW40ve for 2 years now and I've never had a single jamb. It is accurate out of the box, but it does take time to get used to the 12 lbs. trigger pull. I had S&W work on the trigger & it came back much improved (smoother). It isn't meant to be a target pistol. It is a very good self defense handgun. I even carried it until I bought a Gock, but I still would trust my life to this gun. The first generation of the Sigma line had it's problems, but those problems have been rectified for years now. Their reputation will never be fixed sadly because the rumors still get repeated even though they are no longer true. Once a girl gets a slutty reputation she will always be a slut.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Nothing wrong with it except a stiff trigger and some patent infringements. :righton:

At the price they go for, buy ten and hand them out to allies when TSHTF. :mrgreen:

·
Cumberland County, Maine
1,310 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about them was the trigger. I thought they felt great in the hand though.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I HATE the trigger on them, my buddy had a .40 sigma and I found no joy in shooting it. But if you can get over that, more power to ya.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The more you shoot it the better the trigger gets. I have a buddy of mine who has about 1000 rounds down it and the trigger has got alot better

1 - 20 of 21 Posts