Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

What is the most expensive firearm that you currently own?

13K views 149 replies 106 participants last post by  Siege 
#1 ·
What is the most expensive firearm that you currently own?

#2 ·
Is this an effort to make all of us feel poor. :lol: Mine is my Series-80, Colt Commander.

#7 ·
Ballpark? Colt Commander at $800. "LoneOak" and others are going to clean up here. :lol:

#12 ·
Originally.. the USAS-12 I purchased in May '91 for 1500. Recently exceeded in outright dollars by the FN PS90 at 1800.
I think though, in terms of raw purchase price vs. available funds , the USAS was still the more expensive.

#14 ·
1clearshot said:
I can't reveal anything here.... if my wife finds out, I'll end up with an empty safe. :cantsay:

Malum Prohibitum said:
Does it still count as me owning it if the ATF has it?
:shock: You still haven't got your HK back?
That should make them worth "Millions" from GPDO collectors!

#16 ·
I have 3 guns that are priceless. All three were my Father's and will be passed down to my 3 sons.

Remington 721 Premier that my Dad had custom built in .300 Weatherby Magnum.

SC 03-A3 30-06 6 groove barrel that my Dad did custom work on. Hand inletted Reinhart Fajen stock. Most accurate rifle I own.

Colt Python 6 inch .357 Magnum.

I have others that were my Pop's and will also go to my kids. It's about all the inheritance I have for them.

#18 ·
Archangel said:
I have 3 guns that are priceless. All three were my Father's and will be passed down to my 3 sons.

Remington 721 Premier that my Dad had custom built in .300 Weatherby Magnum.

SC 03-A3 30-06 6 groove barrel that my Dad did custom work on. Hand inletted Reinhart Fajen stock. Most accurate rifle I own.

Colt Python 6 inch .357 Magnum.

I have others that were my Pop's and will also go to my kids. It's about all the inheritance I have for them.
That would make your collection "priceless" in anyone's eyes. Well done, Sir!

#21 ·
Most expensive I've bought (or rather built) - my AR-15. In the priceless category, I've got the Mauser my granddad brought back from Germany... and once I get a better safe, a few more family treasures along those lines (fowling rifle that's been in the family for 200 years, great uncle's M15 General Officers' pistol, the LOADED Luger my granddad took off a German officer that had already been in custody for a while before he happened to walk by and notice :shock:)

#24 ·
Probably a .32 caliber percussion cap black powder revolver my great-great grandfather used in the Civil War. I need to get some sort of insurance estimate for it. I know it's not replaceable, but I would like an appraisal. I've seen them in museums that looked worse. The maker's inscription on the top is too faint to make out.

And yes, he did carry it in the Civil War. It's been in the family, along with his sword. They used whatever they could get ahold of at the time.

After that, probably a tie between my DD M4v5 with it's Aimpoint or my CMP "special grade" Springfield Armory M1 Garand.

#25 ·
Cobray M11/9 submachinegun.
Worth basically around $3000 for just the gun, used in good shape.
But then I had to pay $200 for the tax stamp, and probably $50 in other fees and costs.
$100 for an extra upper receiver with a longer barrel.
$30 for a fake suppressor.
$20 for a screw-on ventilated barrel exension / shroud (gives ya something to grab other than the silly stubby nylon strap).
And $20 each for several of the plastic Cobray 30-round mags
And $15 each for a few all-steel mags converted from some milsurp SMG.
$20 for the scope mount and
$80 for a 50mm red dot scope.
OH, and about $60 for a spare parts kit-- small internal parts that tend to break or go bad with a lot of use.
Bottom line: about $3700 invested in that one. (and it's a real bargain as far as transferable machineguns go).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.