Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,819 Posts
Go to wal greens and take a pic with your phone In front of where they take pics and print it yourself even cheaper lol

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
A passport type photo is any picture that looks like it was professionally taken, with good lighting and sharp focus, and with the person's head and neck filling the photo, at least after it is cropped or trimmed.
The background must be plain, like a screen or plain wall without any visible texture.

The printed photo must be a "portrait" oriented rectangle (vertical screen) of certain dimensions, and the face itself must also be a certain size.

---------

In some circles, it also means a selfie you snap with a 1.8 megapixel phone camera in the bathroom mirror.

Attachments

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
+1 on Walgreen's passport photo.

They work great for putting photos in lockets for wife's, girlfriends, or daughters as well.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
As the Commodore said, there are specifications for a passport photo, but less for a 'passport type'. That said, it might be advantageous to tell whoever takes the photo that it's for a school identity not for a passport. I've heard that school ID photos are less expensive.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the insight. I actually was blessed with a freebie. The neighbor is manager for a local CVS. He gave me the hook up.
Thanks again

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
At cvs the "passport picture" is just a program on the digital picture machine. It is printed as a 4x6 a print that cost less than 10cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts