Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Like a Boss
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

It feels like a bazooka â€" and sounds like a cannon.

One day after 49 people were killed in the Orlando shooting, I traveled to Philadelphia to better understand the firepower of military-style assault weapons and, hopefully, explain their appeal to gun lovers.

But mostly, I was just terrified.

Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions â€" loud like a bomb â€" gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.
(Click the link for the full article where the author lies about the rifle having an "automatic mode".)

·
Like a Boss
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the author needs to see a therapist.

·
69,784 Posts
LOL! What? The author fires what is basically a varmint round, .22 caliber, and describes it as a cannon or bazooka? Bruised shoulder? Has anybody here ever experienced a bruised shoulder from an AR-15? Anybody?

This is my petite little wife's favorite rifle, because there is almost no recoil. MP Jr has loved these things since he was 9, because there is no recoil.

Did somebody pull a joke on the author and hand the author a .458 Winchester Magnum rifle or something?

This is too funny!

How does the author get away with this April Fools joke in June?

·
69,784 Posts
In fully automatic mode, it doesn't take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.
Um, it takes a lot of imagination, since the AR15 does not have a "fully automatic mode."

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
lol, drama much?

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
wtf has happened to men? flouridation of the water decreasing testosterone production? too many being raised by single mothers? disproportional government support of females in law? i tell ya, something ain't right.

i can understand if the guy was an outlier. the problem is that he's not. these poor excuses of men are everywhere now.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Ar-10 maybe?

·
Super Moderator
7,141 Posts
Who changes this for him?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
What? It was a guy? NFW I didn't read the article, just the posted quote. What a tool.

OTOH, it's typical left dribble and anyone that knows anything about guns knows how full of it he(?) is. It's also funny to note the direct contradiction he presents to Feinstein's argument of they are too easy to shoot.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
LOL! What? The author fires what is basically a varmint round, .22 caliber, and describes it as a cannon or bazooka? Bruised shoulder? Has anybody here ever experienced a bruised shoulder from an AR-15? Anybody?
Actually yes. When I wear just a t-shirt shooting my AR, I frequently find a small area of striated bruising that corresponds to the pattern on the butt stock. However, I have some weird superficial vessels on my shoulder, and the bruises don't actually hurt. It just looks funny, and I don't know they are there until I take off my shirt.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Well, the author's name is "Kuntzman". Probably not physically able to grow a pair.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,413 Posts
The poodle encountered a "poodle shooter"

1 - 20 of 51 Posts