Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
often we are told that we live in the "land of the free." some people still believe that we do. others think there is at least room for improvement.

what would be your ideal concept of freedom? let's say a dictionary company came to you, and asked what they should write in for the definition of freedom; what would you tell them?

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
The reality of remaining unmolested by external forces.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,532 Posts
Freedom

Absolute, unfettered "Freedom" means you can do whatever you want, anytime, without asking permission, and without facing any significant penalties or consequences for your choices. It's a fairy-tale world that can never exist among living creatures on earth.

Unless... You were programmed / civilized to ONLY WANT those things that can be had without consequences.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,532 Posts
America's designation as a land of "freedom" means we have a high level of liberty compared to other societies, and we also have opportunity for social and economic advancement.
We don't have a caste system of social hierarchy based on one's parentage.
We don't have institutionalized racism anymore.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
The ability to do what i want, how i want, without having to ask permission. As long as i don't hurt another person or prevent them from exercising their freedom.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Freedom means the most individual liberty one can have without harming others.

However; there will never be a point in time, either past, present, or future, in which anarchism works.

Government is in itself like fire. A useful tool or a fearful master. And one cannot live life without fire, literally or figuratively.

We harness the power of fire and use it for good and evil. When one advocates a flame-less world, I know they do not think in reality. It doesn't matter what you do in life, you are always playing with fire, that is why you post here to begin with.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,160 Posts
The ability to swing my fist around anywhere I want but that anywhere stops at the end of someone elses nose.

Nemo

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Doing or not doing whatever I want as long as I don't try to force, coerce, threaten, fraud, steal from or harm another person or their property.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Well now, the Commerce Clause, means everything you do or may do, could possibly affect others.

Don't do anything that invites the attention of the gov or its agents and you can be free up until then.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
What is this freedom you speak? I am a married man, nothing is free

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
That's your problem. You made your bed, sleep in it. I'm not married and I am free.
No, she made my bed. And I would not change a thing. Some of the freedoms she stripped are for the better.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like most of the 10 commandments as a guide. but I don't care what god you pray to, and as far as adultery, I support a woman's right to choose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts