What if your grocery store is in the parking lot of a PG?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by ntech, Oct 20, 2007.

1. ntech

ntech Member

There are a few grocery stores I know that have one restaurant that serves alchohol in the same parking lot. It is like a mini mall. It is over 100 yards away, but I wouldn't say 200. If one has a GFL and is cc'ing parks in front of the grocery store and goes there only, would he/she be in violation? I am guessing yes, since the parking lot is considered off limits. However I think that is not fair if one does not intend to go to the PG. What do you guys think?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It shouldn't be off limits. Just like a mall, as you said. Which isn't off limits.

3. ntech

ntech Member

Well, its a large parking lot with a variety of stores. Haircut place, video store, ups store, pg restaraunt, then the grocery store. Not really an indoor mall.

4. merlock

merlock Active Member

Same thing, IMO.

5. ntech

ntech Member

Well...if the parking lot isn't off limits, then perhaps one could leave their firearm in their car and go to the resaurant that serves alchohol? Theoretically of course...

Does the law only prohibit firearms in cars of parking lots solely designated for PG restaurants?

Or does my intention of going to the grocery store clear me of the PG incrmination?

Did the AG give an opinion on mini malls? Outdoor shopping areas? Large multi storefront parking lots?

6. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

7. merlock

merlock Active Member

I'd be careful if the strip-mall has a Cheddars (or similar) restaurant as an out-parcel.

There is a Mexican restaurant 2 store-fronts down from Pet-Smart, and next door to Staples. I OC into both places, and walk past the Mexican place with nary a thought about it.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well the difference in that is that you're actually GOING to the PG, not just somewhere adjacent to it.

Or does my intention of going to the grocery store clear me of the PG incrmination?[/quote]

The general mall opinion should suffice (although it is unofficial anyway).