Georgia Packing banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Well, here is another option.

Go about your business if questioned informally. Don't say a word. Walk away if you know you aren't doing anything illegal. If they detain and arrest you, hire a lawyer and sue their asses for illegal arrest and violating your civil rights.

·
68,174 Posts
jason1 said:
This kind of reminds me of one time when I was OCing in Waffle House and had a Forsyth County cop tell me it was Illegal for to OC there because Waffle House is a public gathering and people could think it was threating when my hands were on the table and my gun was in its holster. Now how is that threatening?
It wasn't threatening when he does it, though, huh? :lol:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
Yes I did after I got her first response. I have not heard anything since!
Latest update: this morning I asked her
Any luck? (I will look for U.S. Supreme Court Rulings to see what we have there.)
And this was her response :
I have to admit, I haven’t had time to look. If you locate something, please let me know. I’m just as interested as you are. I still believe it is totally up to a judge and how a judge see’s it. Thanks for helping me with this.
I re-sent her "State v Burns, 200 Ga. App. 16 (1991)".

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,754 Posts
jason1 said:
luke0927 said:
jason1 said:
This kind of reminds me of one time when I was OCing in Waffle House and had a Forsyth County cop tell me it was Illegal for to OC there because Waffle House is a public gathering and people could think it was threating when my hands was on the table and my gun was in its holster now how is that a threating.The police are very badly trained when it comes to people carrying legally in the State of Georgia.I wish their was a way were that before the police are put out on the streets they must do a 30-60 days of classroom training just on the right to carry for people that have a GFL.
Which waffle house was this at and what time?
The Waffle House thats next to the gas station across the bridge on exit 13 on 400.It was about 1200 am I just got back from see some family that live near Helen.
I've OCd there and at the one on the other side of 400 next to Pikes before. The only flack that I got was from my wife.

·
68,174 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
Mafuta54 said:
Yes I did after I got her first response. I have not heard anything since!
Latest update: this morning I asked her
Any luck? (I will look for U.S. Supreme Court Rulings to see what we have there.)
And this was her response :[quote:28kwhuw4]I have to admit, I haven’t had time to look. If you locate something, please let me know. I’m just as interested as you are. I still believe it is totally up to a judge and how a judge see’s it. Thanks for helping me with this.
I re-sent her "State v Burns, 200 Ga. App. 16 (1991)".[/quote:28kwhuw4]

You know you can make it easy on her and send her the link from here, right?

Then she can read it right on her computer screen.

Here is the link. http://www.georgiapacking.org/caselaw/statevburns.htm

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
41 - 48 of 48 Posts