Georgia Packing banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Token Liberal Hippie
Joined
·
13,680 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
Here is the reply I got from her!

The case I had never went outside of Carroll County Superior court. I will however see if I can find case law for you. I saw what you sent, but have to say, it is an “Unofficial Opinionâ€, meaning again, it is how the Judge sees it. I do see your point and also agree, but like I stated before, it is totally up to a Judge.

I will look for U.S. Supreme Court Rulings to see what we have there.
I smell :bsflag: on her part. She won't be able to find state or federal appellate caselaw to back up her :bsflag: position because there isn't any.

who doesn't know that SCOTUS doesn't touch 2A cases? And if she cites Cruikshank you know she's a racist...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
I will look for U.S. Supreme Court Rulings to see what we have there.
You sure she's not really the receptionist at the P.D.????
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,161 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
Here is the reply I got from her!

The case I had never went outside of Carroll County Superior court. I will however see if I can find case law for you. I saw what you sent, but have to say, it is an “Unofficial Opinionâ€, meaning again, it is how the Judge sees it. I do see your point and also agree, but like I stated before, it is totally up to a Judge.

I will look for U.S. Supreme Court Rulings to see what we have there.
Did you send her State v. Burns?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,161 Posts
it appears from reading subsection (b) and giving the words their ordinary meaning that the statute should apply, in addition to the situations described therein, when people are gathered or will be gathered for a particular function and not when a weapon is carried lawfully to a public place, where people may gather
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,161 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
At the Powder Springs Citizens Police Academy last night the Officer from Powder Springs that runs the Academy was talking about "CCW" and how it was a violation of the "Public Gathering" law to carry into grocery stores or anywhere else in public!! I told her that she was not correct and she claims to have a conviction on violation of the puclic gathering law for carrying into a grocery store!!

After stuff like this, i'm still apprehensive about "CC" let alone "OC"!
I would probably be thrown out of the class after raising my hand and stating, ":bsflag: :!: Are you on duty? Yes? Great! :D Let's take the class over to the nearest Publix, and I will openly carry. The whole class can witness you arresting me. While we are on the way over there, please read State v. Burns."
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I would probably be thrown out of the class after raising my hand and stating, ":bsflag: :!: Are you on duty? Yes? Great! :D Let's take the class over to the nearest Publix, and I will openly carry. The whole class can witness you arresting me. While we are on the way over there, please read State v. Burns."
You would have left your gun in the parking lot of a PG? You're setting such a bad example. [-X
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,262 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,161 Posts
Mafuta is putting into practice GCO's mission of polite education. Having provided her with the relevant law, State v. Burns, I would say his mission is accomplished.

Embarassing her is not the goal.

Good job, sir.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Mafuta is putting into practice GCO's mission of polite education. Having provided her with the relevant law, State v. Burns, I would say his mission is accomplished.

Embarassing her is not the goal.

Good job, sir.
:exactly: I have found my grandfathers :eek:ldtimer: words to be true. He always told me "You will catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar"! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
I didn't mean it like that, but whatever. Admitting a mistake is a good thing. Doesn't that confirm education? If you don't hear anything back, how will you know either way?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,161 Posts
I was not attacking you, but commending Mafuta. By giving her the necessary information, he has accomplished his task. He can't make her drink. But he lead her to the water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
"You will catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar"! :D
I've noticed my bull s**t seem's to attract a lot of flies as well... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Well when someone can just call the police and say you threatend to kill them your going to jail fo terristic threats based on their word....So i would say would would be going to jail and you will have to battle it out in court.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,306 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
Here is the reply I got from her!

...I will look for U.S. Supreme Court Rulings to see what we have there.
The US Supreme Court has ruled on GA's PG statute? Wow!!! I can't wait to see this. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
This kind of reminds me of one time when I was OCing in Waffle House and had a Forsyth County cop tell me it was Illegal for to OC there because Waffle House is a public gathering and people could think it was threatening when my hands was on the table and my gun was in its holster now. How is that a threatening?

The police are very badly trained when it comes to people carrying legally in the State of Georgia.I wish their was a way were that before the police are put out on the streets they must do a 30-60 days of classroom training just on the right to carry for people that have a GFL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
30-60 days still probably wouldn't cover it. It's so ambiguous and contradicting in parts that people here can't understand it sometimes (and I don't blame them).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
jason1 said:
This kind of reminds me of one time when I was OCing in Waffle House and had a Forsyth County cop tell me it was Illegal for to OC there because Waffle House is a public gathering and people could think it was threating when my hands was on the table and my gun was in its holster now how is that a threating.The police are very badly trained when it comes to people carrying legally in the State of Georgia.I wish their was a way were that before the police are put out on the streets they must do a 30-60 days of classroom training just on the right to carry for people that have a GFL.
Which waffle house was this at and what time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
luke0927 said:
jason1 said:
This kind of reminds me of one time when I was OCing in Waffle House and had a Forsyth County cop tell me it was Illegal for to OC there because Waffle House is a public gathering and people could think it was threating when my hands was on the table and my gun was in its holster now how is that a threating.The police are very badly trained when it comes to people carrying legally in the State of Georgia.I wish their was a way were that before the police are put out on the streets they must do a 30-60 days of classroom training just on the right to carry for people that have a GFL.
Which waffle house was this at and what time?
The Waffle House thats next to the gas station across the bridge on exit 13 on 400.It was about 1200 am I just got back from see some family that live near Helen.
 
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Top