Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is having finally closed on my refi & being situated to seriously start my gun collection but not being able to make up my mind.
I've fondled several 9mms over the last few days and narrowed my choices down from a dozen or so to maybe 4 or 6. But the local range is closed on Sunday & Monday so I can't go shoot anything to help narrow down further. I really like feel of the Taurus 24/7 but until I get to put some rounds through a few my list still includes
Browning Hi Power (I really like the slim lines on this gun!)
Glock19 (oh so light!)
SW Sigma 9
XD9
Walther PPS

I've not been able to find a Kel-Tec P-11 or any Kahrs which were both on my first "I want to see em" list.

I have decided on a Mossberg 500 or 590 over the Remington 870 and found an average priced one ($250) that I think I'll be getting maybe tonight.

Then I just gotta find an acceptable safe to keep things in.


I know I should probably just wait till this weekend when I will get the chance to play with some of these guns that others will be bringing but I just hate to show up with just my piddly little Walther P22.

Argggg! MONEY BURNING HOLE IN POCKET!!!!

*sigh*
Sorry just had to vent a little bit to folks that would understand.
GPO the support group for gun lovers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
As for the 9mm, it is hard to beat the G19. It's a solid performer with tons of available accessories readily available. It's easily concealed but is a great fighting handgun as well, and it will run with anything out there.


As for the shotties, if I were going out to buy a combat 12ga right now, it would be a Mossy 590. It's the best package for the money out there. I prefer the 870 design, but you can get a dressed up 590 for what an entry 870P will run you.


Where are you shooting in Gray? My sister just bought a house in Jones County?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
My problem is not enough money rather than too much selection. The money has to come first. That's not saying one can't dream, though.

FNRA raffle is coming up shortly. I'm definitely waiting until that's over before buying anything besides ammo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
legacy38 said:
As for the 9mm, it is hard to beat the G19. It's a solid performer with tons of available accessories readily available. It's easily concealed but is a great fighting handgun as well, and it will run with anything out there.

As for the shotties, if I were going out to buy a combat 12ga right now, it would be a Mossy 590. It's the best package for the money out there. I prefer the 870 design, but you can get a dressed up 590 for what an entry 870P will run you.

Where are you shooting in Gray? My sister just bought a house in Jones County?
Yeah the G19 is at least nice enough of a fit for my hand to have made it to the "I need to shoot it to decide" list. :)

I pretty much agree with the mossy - the 500 or 590 are both pretty similar so if I can find a good deal with either then I'll be grabbing it. I like the safety on the top of the gun a bit better than behind the trigger also. It's a little lighter too IIRC. The cheaper is a definite + as well.

Shooting in Gray - my backyard.
:D
I've got about 7 acres that backs up to about 1500 acres of private shooting preserve. I'm not too woried about the odd piece of lead that goes a little further than I planned.
 

·
Romans 10:13
Joined
·
4,632 Posts
I agree the G19 is hard to beat. For concealabilty the G26 is hard to beat in a 9mm platform. I will have my G26 at the meet and you are more than welcome to shoot it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
legacy38 said:
As for the 9mm, it is hard to beat the G19. It's a solid performer with tons of available accessories readily available. It's easily concealed but is a great fighting handgun as well, and it will run with anything out there.

As for the shotties, if I were going out to buy a combat 12ga right now, it would be a Mossy 590. It's the best package for the money out there. I prefer the 870 design, but you can get a dressed up 590 for what an entry 870P will run you.

Where are you shooting in Gray? My sister just bought a house in Jones County?
Yeah the G19 is at least nice enough of a fit for my hand to have made it to the "I need to shoot it to decide" list. :)

I pretty much agree with the mossy - the 500 or 590 are both pretty similar so if I can find a good deal with either then I'll be grabbing it. I like the safety on the top of the gun a bit better than behind the trigger also. It's a little lighter too IIRC. The cheaper is a definite + as well.

Shooting in Gray - my backyard.
:D
I've got about 7 acres that backs up to about 1500 acres of private shooting preserve. I'm not too woried about the odd piece of lead that goes a little further than I planned.
So your backyard is closed on Sunday and Monday (per your original post)? :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,048 Posts
S&W M&P 9, 17+1, runs flawlessly, and fits the hand very well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
legacy38 said:
So your backyard is closed on Sunday and Monday (per your original post)? :lol: :lol:
Nooo! It's always open, but the selection for rental guns is rather poor at that particular range.
:lol:
The Macon indoor range at Eagle Guns is closed on Sun & Mon but their rental selection is much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
legacy38 said:
So your backyard is closed on Sunday and Monday (per your original post)? :lol: :lol:
Nooo! It's always open, but the selection for rental guns is rather poor at that particular range.
:lol:
The Macon indoor range at Eagle Guns is closed on Sun & Mon but their rental selection is much better.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eagle is over on the north side of town, isn't it? I've only been there once, and that was quite some time ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I put a 30 through my buddy's Glock 19 yesterday. I love this gun. It's actually next on my list to purchase. From what I hear Nick's has it for $438 including a $25 range credit. I might be off a few dollars on the price but it's close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
From what I hear Nick's has it for $438 including a $25 range credit. I might be off a few dollars on the price but it's close.
I'm not doubting you, but that's damned close to an unbelievable price. I bought my 19 already but lease post a web site or contact info for "Nicks" cause I'm still shopping.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,831 Posts
Nick's Guns (770)425-8461

What??? I know that I'm not the only one here with some of their favorite gun store phone numbers programed into their cell phone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
Adam5 said:
Nick's Guns (770)425-8461

What??? I know that I'm not the only one here with some of their favorite gun store phone numbers programed into their cell phone.
I do but that may be becaue my wife works there... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
From what I hear Nick's has it for $438 including a $25 range credit. I might be off a few dollars on the price but it's close.
Nicks Guns carries the G19 for $499.95. Just hung up with em.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
Adam5 said:
Nick's Guns (770)425-8461

What??? I know that I'm not the only one here with some of their favorite gun store phone numbers programed into their cell phone.
I don't! Well, I have the number for a few places in Houston...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
legacy38 said:
Eagle is over on the north side of town, isn't it? I've only been there once, and that was quite some time ago.
It's on the far West side of town actually, just off of I-475 at Mercer Univercity blvd. Headed there after work today to try some out.

*actually scratch that, I just called. The only thing they have in the rental cabinet is a G19. :x
ARGGGG.
I'll have to wait till Sat & just try to borrow as many guns as I can from folks at our shoot. I hate that. I'm worse than a kid at Christmas but I'm just not going to decide on a primary gun until I've been able to fire my top choices.

Now I have to wait at least a week before I can buy my new toys.

But I think I will go buy a box or two of 9x19 so I won't be a complete mooch come Sat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
Make sure to stop by the Team Gunns firing spot and try out a Ruger P-series. Love that pistol!
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,831 Posts
Maybe it's time to clean some of these out of my phone?

I have Adventure Outdoors, Atlantic Firearms, Semper Fi Arms, Bullseye in Cumming, Bullseye in L'ville, Davids Gun Room, Del-Ton Inc, Nick's Guns, Forsyth Pawn, Glock, GSSF, Model 1 Sales, Top Guns, Tucker Gun, and Vulcan Arms all programmed in to my phone.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top