What I hate...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tinkerhell, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

...is having finally closed on my refi & being situated to seriously start my gun collection but not being able to make up my mind.
    I've fondled several 9mms over the last few days and narrowed my choices down from a dozen or so to maybe 4 or 6. But the local range is closed on Sunday & Monday so I can't go shoot anything to help narrow down further. I really like feel of the Taurus 24/7 but until I get to put some rounds through a few my list still includes
    Browning Hi Power (I really like the slim lines on this gun!)
    Glock19 (oh so light!)
    SW Sigma 9
    XD9
    Walther PPS

I've not been able to find a Kel-Tec P-11 or any Kahrs which were both on my first "I want to see em" list.

I have decided on a Mossberg 500 or 590 over the Remington 870 and found an average priced one ($250) that I think I'll be getting maybe tonight.

Then I just gotta find an acceptable safe to keep things in.

I know I should probably just wait till this weekend when I will get the chance to play with some of these guns that others will be bringing but I just hate to show up with just my piddly little Walther P22.

Argggg! MONEY BURNING HOLE IN POCKET!!!!

*sigh*
    Sorry just had to vent a little bit to folks that would understand.
    GPO the support group for gun lovers.

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

As for the 9mm, it is hard to beat the G19. It's a solid performer with tons of available accessories readily available. It's easily concealed but is a great fighting handgun as well, and it will run with anything out there.

As for the shotties, if I were going out to buy a combat 12ga right now, it would be a Mossy 590. It's the best package for the money out there. I prefer the 870 design, but you can get a dressed up 590 for what an entry 870P will run you.

Where are you shooting in Gray? My sister just bought a house in Jones County?

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

My problem is not enough money rather than too much selection. The money has to come first. That's not saying one can't dream, though.

FNRA raffle is coming up shortly. I'm definitely waiting until that's over before buying anything besides ammo.

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Yeah the G19 is at least nice enough of a fit for my hand to have made it to the "I need to shoot it to decide" list. :)

I pretty much agree with the mossy - the 500 or 590 are both pretty similar so if I can find a good deal with either then I'll be grabbing it. I like the safety on the top of the gun a bit better than behind the trigger also. It's a little lighter too IIRC. The cheaper is a definite + as well.

Shooting in Gray - my backyard.
    :D
    I've got about 7 acres that backs up to about 1500 acres of private shooting preserve. I'm not too woried about the odd piece of lead that goes a little further than I planned.

5. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I agree the G19 is hard to beat. For concealabilty the G26 is hard to beat in a 9mm platform. I will have my G26 at the meet and you are more than welcome to shoot it.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

So your backyard is closed on Sunday and Monday (per your original post)? :lol: :lol:

7. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

S&W M&P 9, 17+1, runs flawlessly, and fits the hand very well!

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Nooo! It's always open, but the selection for rental guns is rather poor at that particular range.
    :lol:
    The Macon indoor range at Eagle Guns is closed on Sun & Mon but their rental selection is much better.

9. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eagle is over on the north side of town, isn't it? I've only been there once, and that was quite some time ago.

10. EARN

EARN New Member

I put a 30 through my buddy's Glock 19 yesterday. I love this gun. It's actually next on my list to purchase. From what I hear Nick's has it for $438 including a $25 range credit. I might be off a few dollars on the price but it's close.

11. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I'm not doubting you, but that's damned close to an unbelievable price. I bought my 19 already but lease post a web site or contact info for "Nicks" cause I'm still shopping.

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Nick's Guns (770)425-8461

What??? I know that I'm not the only one here with some of their favorite gun store phone numbers programed into their cell phone.

13. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

I do but that may be becaue my wife works there... :D

14. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Nicks Guns carries the G19 for $499.95. Just hung up with em.

15. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I don't! Well, I have the number for a few places in Houston...

16. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

It's on the far West side of town actually, just off of I-475 at Mercer Univercity blvd. Headed there after work today to try some out.

*actually scratch that, I just called. The only thing they have in the rental cabinet is a G19. :x
    ARGGGG.
    I'll have to wait till Sat & just try to borrow as many guns as I can from folks at our shoot. I hate that. I'm worse than a kid at Christmas but I'm just not going to decide on a primary gun until I've been able to fire my top choices.

Now I have to wait at least a week before I can buy my new toys.

But I think I will go buy a box or two of 9x19 so I won't be a complete mooch come Sat.

17. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Make sure to stop by the Team Gunns firing spot and try out a Ruger P-series. Love that pistol!

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Maybe it's time to clean some of these out of my phone?

I have Adventure Outdoors, Atlantic Firearms, Semper Fi Arms, Bullseye in Cumming, Bullseye in L'ville, Davids Gun Room, Del-Ton Inc, Nick's Guns, Forsyth Pawn, Glock, GSSF, Model 1 Sales, Top Guns, Tucker Gun, and Vulcan Arms all programmed in to my phone.