what he said!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by RedBeard, Sep 22, 2006.

1. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

Most of the people I work with on a daily basis are conservative, however, there are those that I work with that are decidedly liberal.

There is one very unusual individual in particular that would make me laugh if he couldnt vote, but since he can it scares me.

I have overheard a few of his conversations and I have been amazed. (My favorite was his dicussion with my employee regarding the concept of "seperation of church and state" (that is never mentioned in the Constitution). The comment was made that we ought to be more like Great Britain. I wanted to scream "Church of England!!" at the top of my lungs, but refrained.

Anyway, this guy made my jaw drop when discussing 2nd amendment issues he said "I really think we need to get rid of Saturday night specials." I replied that is how the anti's are trying to keep poor people from getting guns for protection and that most gun control laws have their origins in Jim Crow and Segregation.

I stated that those in power don't want an armed minority since it is harder to oppress an armed minority.

He responded that not wanting an armed minority made sense, since it would terrify him to see a "bunch of black guys with guns walking his way."
    :shock:

If that doesnt prove my point I dont know what does.

2. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

Or maybe that group of black guys walking toward him are just heading to the shooting range or heading out to hunt dove or are open carrying as is allowed in Georgia or any other lawful purpose. Maybe those "black guys" are just honest everyday law abiding Georgia men that believe in protecting their families and excercising their God-given right to keep and bear arms.

My point is that this guy is so lost in his liberal haze that he doesnt even realize how racist he is. He doesnt see the alternative. "Black guys" are not just thugs and gangbangers. "Black guys" are lawyers, doctors, biologists, teachers, salesmen, pastors, etc as well. But in his world, "black guys" are thugs with guns that laws should be passed to keep them from getting cheap firearms.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You can't always judge a book by the cover. You should hear what people say when I show them the pictures of those of us on this forum who shot together on Labor Day weekend!

:lol:

There are three pictures here for those who have not seen them . . . http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... &start=160

4. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I think we may have been pushing the wieght limits on those benches though.... :lol:

5. tony218

tony218 New Member

SEE,......i told you we were a motley looking crew

6. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

If I had been there, I think we might have exceeded those limits. Sorry I missed. Hopefully I can make it to the next.