What happens after you pull the trigger?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mzmtg, Mar 23, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

That was a great read. I could actually feel my heart rate pick up a bit as I read it. I was trying to put myself in that situation.

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

My only argument with the article is the reference to choosing an attorney. The DA's office is going to think any effective defense attorney you hire is a scumbag that represents criminals; so worry about getting a good one with extensive criminal defense experience.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What happens after?

I thought you just blow the smoke away from the end of your gun, holster, and whistle the tune from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

:D

And light your cigar. :wink:

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I suspect when the case is really clear cut. That is pretty common outcome. Still it doesn't hurt to prepare for the worst.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I thought were supposed to yell "Meet my little friend!!!" and "Who else wants a piece of this??'

8. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Great post..

But seriously "Badges, we don't need no stinking badges". :twisted:

9. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I heard this somewhere.

Testimony

Officer: I stepped out from behind concealment. Identified myself as a Police Officer and when the suspect raised his weapon I fired.

Perp: All I know is when we grabbed the stash and headed out the door somebody hollered April Fool :censored: and the shooting started. :shock:

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:rotfl:

11. maddog

maddog New Member

I was thinking 1st shot to stop him, 16 to the head due to very very scared ..... who's gonna sue if they can't identify him?

12. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Very good read.....does anyone know somone or maybe someone one here has had to use dealy force; can you comment on yours or their experiance?

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Awesome read. I don't want to wish anything bad on anyone, but you've got to be prepared.

14. Macktee

Macktee New Member

What I find interesting is how many shots people tend to get off in a situation like that. Even cops will empty the magazine once they start shooting.

15. grayelky

grayelky New Member

I have been told time "stops". Most officers will tell you they fired 2 or 3, maybe 4 times, and do not realize they shot 6 or more times.

It may be in your best interest to keep your initial statement very basic, perhaps, "I was in fear of my life, and defended myself." AFTER you have had a chance to stop, calm down, talk to a friend/attorney, maybe even a shrink, then talk to the investigators. There are those who will contend this will make you look guilty. It will also keep you from saying a lot of things in the heat of adrenalin rush and/or anger. Someone just tried to kill you. You will not be your rational self you are as you read this. Emotions will come out and make you seem what you are not. You are NOT required to speak to an investigator. It is in your best interest to co-operate, just do it at your time and place and in your best frame of mind. If you have an attorney present, (I personally will have), listen to him!.

16. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

That comes with lack of training, I know that cops get some good training as far as defensive shooting, but you have to practice it pretty regularly for it to stick, and from what I have heard from a couple of LEOs that I know, range time is hard to come by.

When I was in the Marines, we were taught to fire two shot into center of mass, assess the target, and follow up with additional shots if needed. With the service 9mm with ball ammunition(bleh) the common sentiment was "Fire till he drops".

I think I remember an instance reported in the news where a LEO and a BG got into a gun fight at less than5 ft away from each other. Something like 28 rounds where fired, with no impacts on either targets. That includes one reload. I'll see if I can dig that one up.

17. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

You call CBS and get "Sharks" cell phone number. Do not talk or this may happen :jail:.