Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,448 Posts
Yesterday worked part-time

Yesterday I had trouble accessing the packing.org site, but after several tries I did succeed. There seemed to be very few new posts, and not many comments on the recent existing posts, so I think others had trouble, too.

Today I tried at three different times throughout the day, with no success. My browser always says the web site cannot be found.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,448 Posts
again, it's down

All day today. 11/28/2005, the packing.org website was down.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,448 Posts
AGAIN

Again Packing.Org is offline.... from the afternoon of 12/6/05 to right now, the early morning of 12/7/05. Oh, is it Pearl Harbor day already? Wow. Maybe some Mitsubishi did a kamakazi crash into the building where Packing.Org servers are located? ;-)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Down again!

It's been down for at least 20 hours. I wonder if it was shut down by Hillary's Computer Henchmen. The last thread I saw was about her.

·
Registered
255 Posts
As much as I enjoy the forum, I like the other info that is available even more. I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a mirror site with the same info available on another site? Thank goodness its back up. It would really suck to not have all of that info.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,448 Posts
Unreliable

Packing.Org is the most unreliable and error-prone website I've ever regularly visited. It's bad enough that it's "DOWN" almost daily, if only for a few minutes at a time, but every few weeks it goes down ALL DAY or even for multiple days.

In the last week, twice I have spent a good bit of time and effort composing an excellent quality post, only to hit "submit" and get an error message with a bunch of gibberish. And at that point you can't access your post again to copy or save your work. It's gone. The only thing to do is wait a while and type your post all over again. I'm really sick of that, and I find my second-attempt posts are not as good quality because I'm frustrated and STILL not sure if the damn thing will even go through on the second try.

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Server gives a message "too busy" all morning this morning.

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Clayton Cramer thinks it is because of Kansas getting concealed carry yesterday.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,448 Posts
Invalid Password for IP address

After being down almost all day yesterday, (too busy for server) it's back to working, but I can't log-in because it says my user name and password don't match my IP address? WTF does that mean? I thought my name and password only had to match EACH OTHER, not also the IP address of the computer I use. What if I am wanting to check Packing.Org from a friend's house, or the office, or the local coffee shop that has free internet access?

I have a new solution to both the "server too busy" problem and the "password / IP address mismatch" problem. I'm just not going to use Packing.Org for the rest of the year. Maybe they'll work out the problems between now and then. If not, oh, well. I won't miss them too much. I didn't post anything for the first several months after they switched to the "new format" anyway, and I didn't have withdrawl symptoms.

Congrats to the folks who run Georgiapacking.org for creating and maintaining a very reliable system here!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts