Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
slabertooch said:
I'm not one to point fingers but...

Needless to say I am waiting for American Outdoor Adventures to open a range, and they will be getting my money from now on. Not only are they priced reasonably, the staff is friendly, and they have a bigger selection.
The best thing about American Outdoor Adventures is they have a SMOKIN HOT book keeper!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
slabertooch said:
Yeah that's why when he said $980, I said I'd think about it. Haven't been back since. I have been hitting up both auctionarms and gunbroker looking, but right now the funds just aren't there, but I will get one sooner than later.
:righton: When you finally do, you won't regret it. :wink:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
for those that are interested I found this one, almost seems to good to be true

here

·
Registered
997 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
slabertooch said:
I'm not one to point fingers but...

Needless to say I am waiting for American Outdoor Adventures to open a range, and they will be getting my money from now on. Not only are they priced reasonably, the staff is friendly, and they have a bigger selection.
The best thing about American Outdoor Adventures is they have a SMOKIN HOT book keeper!
i really hope that is the store Mrs Gunns works at otherwise her and I will have a little girl to girl talk in June.... [-X

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Statesboro PD and Bulloch SO both carry some sort of Glock, it's either in .40 or .45.

Not sure as I haven't asked any of them.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
I do believe one of the new city PDs in Fulton went with Sig.

--

foshizzle,

I agree with you. I don't mean to insult those that like the thing, but I'd change departments immediately if that was issued to me.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
foshizzle said:
slabertooch said:

here
There is absolutely no reason for any police department to carry this handgun.
How about Armor Piercing rounds. :)

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Axeman said:
foshizzle said:
slabertooch said:

here
Unless engaged with a subject wearing armor, armor piercing rounds would be less effective as they would pass through the threat without expanding. Personally, I'd rather have a 9mm or .45 with top of the line carry ammo and a patrol rifle and/or a shotgun with a full ammo compliment including slugs.

Plus, body armor isn't all it is cracked up to be. There is plenty of ammo out there that will easily penetrate armor at much less cost.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
legacy38 said:
Axeman said:
foshizzle said:
slabertooch said:

here
Unless engaged with a subject wearing armor, armor piercing rounds would be less effective as they would pass through the threat without expanding. Personally, I'd rather have a 9mm or .45 with top of the line carry ammo and a patrol rifle and/or a shotgun with a full ammo compliment including slugs.

Plus, body armor isn't all it is cracked up to be. There is plenty of ammo out there that will easily penetrate armor at much less cost.
Actually in the 5.7x28mm the rounds (both the AP ball, and Non expanding SS195 hollowpoints) will yaw and not overpenetrate. This round was designed to be a potenial replacement for the 9mm and is used in many departments and also spec forces around the world. :mrgreen:

There is some pretty good balistics data out there.

In fact this round fired out of a P90 is what took out the terrorists(wearing body armor), that had held the Japanese embassy several years back.

But to each ....

I also own a couple different .40s & w, and a .45acp

I have love of diverse calibers from every tribe. :roll:

·
68,080 Posts
legacy38 said:
Um, you mean like every rifle round ever invented? :lol:

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Axeman said:
legacy38 said:
Axeman said:
foshizzle said:
slabertooch said:

here

Actually in the 5.7x28mm the rounds (both the AP ball, and Non expanding SS195 hollowpoints) will yaw and not overpenetrate. This round was designed to be a potenial replacement for the 9mm and is used in many departments and also spec forces around the world. :mrgreen:

There is some pretty good balistics data out there.

In fact this round fired out of a P90 is what took out the terrorists(wearing body armor), that had held the Japanese embassy several years back.

But to each ....

I also own a couple different .40s & w, and a .45acp

I have love of diverse calibers from every tribe. :roll:
I'm somewhat familiar with the round. Several "gun people" that I trust VERY much personally are very much down on the round, and one of these guys was an instructor for the Secret Service CAT units, which use the subgun chambered for it.

--

MP,

Yup, not to mention quite a few pistol loadings in 9mm and some of the Eastern Bloc stuff.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
gsusnake said:
Statesboro PD and Bulloch SO both carry some sort of Glock, it's either in .40 or .45.

Not sure as I haven't asked any of them.
Both of the officers I talked to tonight said it was a Glock 21.

They also said they had a choice between a couple different models.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
legacy38 said:
I'm somewhat familiar with the round. Several "gun people" that I trust VERY much personally are very much down on the round, and one of these guys was an instructor for the Secret Service CAT units, which use the subgun chambered for it.
I would be curious to know what they don't like about it. I will assume your guy has fired gun and study it, but there are alot of people that complain about it and have never fired the round, and often misquote facts about them.

I have seen a lot of pro 5.7x28 firearms guys for police departments also. I think one of the main problems is that there is not enough "real world" data because there are still few departments that use these compared to the vast amount of other traditional calibers already in use. I will say that the 5.7x28mm trend does seem to keep growing. As for me I still sticking with it, and with 20 + 1 rounds, and it is extremely easy to shoot, It works for me.

I do show my XDs some love with carry time too occasionally but my FiveseveN is much more comfortable carrying around for long periods.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Axeman said:
legacy38 said:
I would be curious to know what they don't like about it. I will assume your guy has fired gun and study it, but there are alot of people that complain about it and have never fired the round, and often misquote facts about them.

I have seen a lot of pro 5.7x28 firearms guys for police departments also. I think one of the main problems is that there is not enough "real world" data because there are still few departments that use these compared to the vast amount of other traditional calibers already in use. I will say that the 5.7x28mm trend does seem to keep growing. As for me I still sticking with it, and with 20 + 1 rounds, and it is extremely easy to shoot, It works for me.

I do show my XDs some love with carry time too occasionally but my FiveseveN is much more comfortable carrying around for long periods.

It's been a while since we had the discussion, but they didn't like the ballistics of the round. They also didn't like the cost and the relative rareness of the round. They advocated going with something like a short barreled AR or an H&K 53.

·
Registered
917 Posts
City of Norcross PD carry 1911-style .45s; Kimber I think, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Correct, Boy Racer. I overheard a Norcross LEO in David's Gun Room last week saying he carried a Kimber 1911 .45. Don't know what model. I was a little surprised. I thought the .40 S&W was king among law enforcement.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts