What do you think of a Taurus revolver?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

New In Box. Part Number:905B2UL

Back to the October birthday idea of getting another gun without adding another caliber. I would like a revolver, but not adding another caliber limits my choices to .22 or 9mm. I can get this NIB from Buds for $300 + shipping & FFL. What do ya'll think?

SPECIFICATIONS
    Type: Revolver
    Action: Single / Double
    Caliber: 9 MM
    Barrel Length: 2"
    Capacity: 5
    Safety: Transfer Bar
    Grips: Black Rubber
    Sights: Fixed
    Weight: 21 oz
    Finish: Stainless Steel
    Buds Item Number: 32371

[​IMG]

2. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

get the Judge! Yeah it's another shell to have to buy but what fun! .410 shells in a wheel gun of average size. That one is coming due on my list of bang toys. Gonna be a long while before I can buy another though... :(

3. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

I also want "The Judge" really badly, but just can't afford it at this time (or anything else for that matter).

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

+1000
    I'm all spent out on guns for a loooooong time. I picked up my AK this past weekend, and just last night I doubled the cost of it with a 1000rds of 7.62 and 1000rds of 9mm. NO more gun purchases for me till at least next year. :(

I'll just have to stick with accessories for a while. :lol:

5. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I have a Taurus 38sp 5 shot revolver, essentially just like the one in your picture. I have carried it for a good while now and enjoy it. It's easily concealable, simple to use, has widely available holsters, and the practice ammo is cheap. As far as shooting, I've never had a problem. I prefer the grips to the S&W. I'm much more accurate in the SA mode than DA. That being said, this, like all guns of this type, will be a < 10 yard piece of insurance. It will, of course, not do for your multi-target gun battle in the streets at 30+ yards. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I think everyone should have a small frame five shot revolver. However 9mm has some issues.

Full moon clips are a must. The cases won't eject otherwise unless you poke them out one at a time with a pencil.

Difficult extracton. I have heard several reports of shooters favorite 9mm load giving difficult extraction. Apparently its not uncommon to have to try several loads to find one with accuracy and power that will extract.

This is a good choice for the try before you buy concept.

7. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I have a Taurus .357....I can even hit the broad side of a barn with it...as long as I'm not more than a couple of yards away.

[​IMG]

8. Lightsped

Lightsped New Member

I have a few Taurus wheelguns. I have been happy with all three, although I haven't fired the Raging Bull yet because I can't afford the ammo.....

9. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I have a chromed Taurus .357 Mag 6 1/2 barrel and it is a nice piece of hardware.

One thing about the Judge: I read about 1 month ago that Taurus is planning to expand the judge line with a different size shotgun and they are looking at having a way to use a different caliber than the .45 colt.

My friend and I assumption is that they may have 3 cylinders for the shotgun and 3 others for the cartridge. However, Taurus is famous to announce what they are doing in their desing and R&D department and not commercializing it later. So it may be a long shot. Personnally, I decided to wait one year before looking back to the judge because it is so hard to get now with all the publicity that it is driving the price up.

Thank you

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thank's for the opinions. If my wife doesn't have a problem spending $350 on my b-day present this year, I will look into the 9mm snubbie.

Of course, my birthday is the weekend of the TN/GA football game. A weekend trip to Knoxville to watch UT beat the dawgs would be a fun present also.........

11. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Buy the snubbie, I'd hate for you to be crying on your birthday :wink:

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

They would be tears of joy !!!

I looked at ticket prices last night........ The snubbie is cheaper....

13. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Yeah the snubbie is cheaper and plus you won't have the emotional distress of seeing orange and white splattered all over the field! :D

14. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Bud's no langer has any, and I'm having second thoughts about needing to use moon clips.