Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a military-looking pickup truck with this odd sequence of letters on the passenger door.
Any idea what it means?

Layed not sprayed?

Huh?

I don't get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe just this but badly spelled?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,131 Posts
CB, you must be correct. Start at the hashtag and stretch them to a tweet title. Thats it exactly. #LAYEDNOTSPRAYED

Nemo

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
It has the sheen of a flat vinyl

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,413 Posts
It's a tag for car wraps. I.e. Wrap laid on the car not paint sprayed.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
i'd never heard of this stuff. for those that are curious like me, i looked at the website and they said the advantage is that you don't have to wash it, and it's cheaper. i don't know if i buy all that. i'd like to see how it's applied too.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If that O.D. green "paint job" on that truck is actually a vinyl wrap, it looks damn good.
I really thought it was paint.
Has anyone ever got a price quote for doing this to a vehicle, and compared that to the price for a paint job?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Not "cheap" per se, but cheaper than a nice paint job, more than Earl Scheib or Maico. Yes, you still have to wash it. Yes, plenty of people have issues with damaging car finish when left on for a while, like rust pockets from trapping moisture. The big argument is whether this is a installation problem, or just the idea of having a wrap over a car.

·
Registered
780 Posts
That very well could be a wrap. I don't really understand the rust issue, how does the trapped moisture penetrate the paint?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I don't know, maybe small imperfection in paint somewhere? Mind you, this isn't after a couple months, it's been after longer term use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts