Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
A bit more grease on it and it will be perfect.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
You do not deprime before tumbling? I figure that is the best way to make sure the pinhole is clean.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
I do steel pins. Separation is relatively easy with a magnet taken from a burned out microwave.

Nemo

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
These came yesterday. I probably have enough lube to last years. I got the bricks for pan lubing. This guy is on the castboolits forum and he makes several lubes. The gas checks fit too so I should be good to go. Lots of h110 and a brick of LPM primers I traded for. I’ll probably get another 100 starline cases.
I treat my revolver brass a lot better that my 9mm blasting away brass.
The gas checks are a bit pricey I think..4.5 cents each. They make check making dies that you can make them from flashing. I may get one later on.
Food Ingredient Cuisine Staple food Font

Material property Font Metal Transparency Event

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Office equipment Public space Eyewear Engineering Market

I really need to clean up my workbench. Need more room.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Table Wood Serveware Gas Dishware

Mine is cluttered up bad too. It doesn’t take long.
I casted about 50 of the 44 bullets and tried pan lubing them. Didn’t turn out so good. I don’t know if it’s the nature of the lube groove or the lube, but some missing lube on about 25% of the bullets. The lube is tacky enough that you can apply it to the bare areas and run it through the sizer again which fixes it. It’s a messier job than I had planned on. I hope to get this figured out. Good news is that the gas checks fit like a glove.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
Ever tried powder coating? Thoughts?

Nemo

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Road surface Automotive tire Rectangle Floor Flooring

Tonight I was working on a few rounds for my father’s old revolvers. 150 .32 S&W Long cases ready to load. When I go home for Thanksgiving I’ll bring him these and a couple hundred each of 9mm and .38 Spl.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Adam and I did 250 .45 colt. 150 .32 Smith & Wesson long. And finally 250 45 .ACP. or maybe it was 400 .45 colt?

A good time was had by all starting with maple biscuit company for breakfast.

Brown Wood Art Circle Symmetry

Office ruler Ruler Building Gas Engineering

Food Ingredient Cuisine Gas Recipe

Food Ingredient Recipe Office equipment Dish

Liquid Fluid Ingredient Cuisine Food

Light Office equipment Yellow Table Engineering

Handwriting Rectangle Font Line Material property

Reactions: zetor and torp

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I went to the governor’s range in powder springs to try those 250 grain bullets and I’m happy. The groups kept shrinking all the way up to 24.0 grains. I guess that’s where the case is getting full. May try 24.5 and 25.0. I think that’s about max.
It’s hard to photo the inside of a barrel but I ran a patch wet with hoppes 9 followed by a dry one and I see no lead.
This barrel has leaded so badly in the past with .430 bullets (even gas checked ones) that it looked like splinters sticking out all the way through. It was a real mess.
Wood Table Toy Wood stain Hardwood

Yellow Precision sports Recreation Circle Pattern

·
Atlanta Overwatch
14,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Last Sunday Mark and I had a chance to try our .45 Colt hand loads in my Ruger Vaquero. With a 255gr lead flat point over 5.9gr of Titegroup if was great pussycat target gun. With a 250gr XTP JHP over 25gr of LilGun it was a flipping hammer. It definitely got people’s attention.

Office equipment Font Money handling Money Gas
Typewriter Office equipment Office supplies Gas Space bar

Typewriter Office equipment Office supplies Ammunition Bullet

Product Font Flooring Material property Red

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I think I got the pan lubing figured out. I heated the lube to a higher temperature and heated the bullets and the pan to about 250 before lubing this time and it worked. I think the lube solidified when it hit the cold bullets and failed to fill the lube groove. I think I can probably do 50/pan but didn’t want the cake to break between bullets and pull lube out of the groove. It didn’t come close to breaking This lube seems tough rather than brittle.
Dishware Cuisine Circle Electric blue Serveware

Dishware Circle Pattern Electric blue Ceiling

Indoor games and sports Recreation Art Chess Pattern
Headgear Circle Pattern Electric blue Tints and shades

81 - 100 of 125 Posts