What are YOU doing to conserve water?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by tace, Oct 25, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

My wife is trying to institute "if it's yellow, let it mellow ....." at home. She is also going to get those low flow thingies for the taps.

Me, I am going to stock up on ammo :lol:

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Nothin' really other than refraining from washing my car because I'm afraid of the "water Nazis" getting me. :lol:

3. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Well, for starters, I bought 57 kiddie pools and filled them with water so that the birds and stray animals could remain hydrated.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I buy a case of water and when I finish each bottle I fill it up from the tap and put it back in the fridge... Not really conserving, but it's less bottled water to buy. Plus you get the fluorine from the tap water. Those bottles are handy to freeze for road trips, too. Can double as ice for your cooler or just drinks that stay cold for a while.

5. FireStar

FireStar Guest

It takes a long time for water to get hot in my place. So I catch the cold water in a bucket until it runs hot. Then I use that for the rinse cycle during laundry.

6. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I've stopped carrying my water pistols and have started carrying my Sig instead. :wink:

7. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I tried to get the wife to agree to one shower a day - both of us at the same time. It was a no go.

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Excellent suggestion!

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I don't live in an area that's fed by reservoirs that are running out, so I don't do much.

:)

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

That's what you meant to say, right?

11. cripple

cripple New Member

I just get my water from the dozens of businesses still watering in the early morning on my way into work. I keep a 5 gallon bucket in the back of the TA and hang it out the window as I drive by. :D

12. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I"m doing my part to help the mussels in Apalachacola...

13. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Well...I don't wash the cars or water the lawn anyways. Don't have flowers or a garden. Don't even have any potted plants inside.

So...aside from letting dishes pile up, wearing dirty clothing, or not showering or flushing the toilet...not much I can do. 8)

...and the wife vetoed all of those...so there ya go...

14. oldguns

oldguns New Member

I only use 2 ice cubes in the Gentleman Jack. Just doing my part to conserve. :drink:

15. Claire

Claire New Member

I love steamed mussels YUM!

I've been bathing in my pond :p

16. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

17. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Wouldn't this be wasting water? :?:

The bottled water we buy is not bottled in GA, so I'm helping bring in more water. :D

18. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I tried that one too, but got in trouble for making us late to work! :lol:

19. Sharky

Sharky New Member

On a serious note however what really happens if we do get to the point that there are rations and possible running out of water?

How many think theft will increase? I was thinking of what it would be like if people could not turn on the shower or sink. I am thinking if it ever got to that point Atlanta and the surrounding could become a very interesting place if you know what I mean.

Good thing Dick's Sporting goods still has the deal on ammo by the case going on. I think I will be getting another case this weekend!

20. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

What's this? I would like some ammo, especially with a good discount!