Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pocket carrying my LCP today because I can NOT print or even give a hint I am carrying.

·
69,784 Posts
Glock 20 stuffed Underwood Ammo hot loaded cases pushing 200 grain Hornady XTP bullets to high velocities. Sitting in a beautiful zookeper giraffe/warthog holster.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,156 Posts
As usual, S&W 5906 in basic leather pancake.

Addition pursuant to post #6. Because I am wearing pants and if I have pants on I have a weapon on. Life on this planet has taught me that is a good idea.

Nemo

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,938 Posts
During the work week, I normally carry a Ruger LC9s Pro in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, as it's pocketable at my office.

When away from work, I alternate between that and an HK P30sk 9mm depending on what I'm doing. I carry the HK in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 or in a Gearcraft IWB.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Not carrying right now, but I have a Safariland holster on the way for my Sar K-2 which I converted to .45 Super (230gr at 1150fps, compared to the standard 230gr at 850fps). And also using Underwood Ammo.

If I want to carry light, I carry my Glock 23. Other times I switch between my .45 and my CZ75B SA.

·
69,784 Posts
Glock 20 stuffed Underwood Ammo hot loaded cases pushing 200 grain Hornady XTP bullets to high velocities. Sitting in a beautiful zookeper giraffe/warthog holster.
Oh! #-o

We are all forgetting about the "& why?" tacked on to the end of your question. For me and my choice, it is in case a black bear breaks into my office building, rides the elevator up to my floor, and attacks me.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
I'm going to start carrying my .45 Super more often because most handgun calibers are poor manstoppers. What I mean by that is they often do not instantly stop a bad guy. A man hit with 9 bullets who is 30 seconds away from death can still kill you with that gun in his hand.

.45 Super is still less powerful than .44 Magnum (240gr at 1450fps), but that's about the best you can get in a semi-auto handgun without spending several thousand dollars.

Reactions: jag_357

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,938 Posts
As far as why, the Ruger LC9s is small enough to be easily concealed IWB or in a pocket, while being large enough to enjoy shooting at the range. The HK is the same way. It disappears IWB and is still large enough to enjoy running 150 rounds through.

·
Super Moderator
7,141 Posts
Why? Cause I need to be discrete and this fits my needs perfectly.

Attachments

·
American
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh! #-o

We are all forgetting about the "& why?" tacked on to the end of your question. For me and my choice, it is in case a black bear breaks into my office building, rides the elevator up to my floor, and attacks me.
Do you think the Glock 20 will be sufficient?:launcher:

·
Registered
360 Posts
That is a big ass pistol. And you wear a suit, I presume. I'm carrying my 22 year old beat up G27 in a basic zookeeper. Why? It goes bang reliably.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After leaving work I switched out to a P99AS in an IWB hybrid holster carrying Federal 124gr HST plus a spare magazine. Why, because it is significantly superior to the 380, I shoot it well, and I can conceal it well enough for carry away from work.

·
69,784 Posts
That is a big ass pistol. And you wear a suit, I presume. I'm carrying my 22 year old beat up G27 in a basic zookeeper. Why? It goes bang reliably.
Sometimes I carry a G29 IWB with an untucked polo shirt. Same bullets.

Rarely still carry my H&K USP 45 Compact. I still like it a bunch.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,531 Posts
Smith & Wesson 637 modded to DAO by their Performance Center.
Crimson Trace lasergrips.
125 gr. Hollow point S&W Nyclad ammo (25 years old!)
No holster today ; direct pocket carry.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Sig P238 in a small suede holster. Second mag in a Bass Pro knife pouch across the top to break up the outline. Add me to the "can't be seen carrying at work" brigade. Lots of us do carry and if they made it an issue, many folks would walk out rather than not carry. We prefer not to make HR pay attention to this issue.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Addition pursuant to post #6. Because I am wearing pants and if I have pants on I have a weapon on. Life on this planet has taught me that is a good idea.
Do underpants count? Many years ago when we lived in Small Town NH, a town cop lived on our street. A real Barney Fife type. I was returning something to him one afternoon and he comes to the door in his boxer shorts, wife beater T and slippers. And a holstered pistol. I didn't say anything but always wondered how he would have pulled the pistol without killing himself since there's nothing holding the belt in place. I guess you could use your off hand to secure the belt.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts