West Virginia Mom

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Nemo, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

handles matters.

Nemo

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/...pedophile-found-trying-rape-daughter-bedroom/

Rest at link above is worth a click and read

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

A shotgun up close brings new meaning to the term "facial." I'm pretty certain the former pedophile had a closed casket wake. :applause:

3. ProGunLiberal

ProGunLiberal New Member

FYI, this one's a hoax.

NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week
    I was all set to post this one myself on another (very liberal-leaning) message board I post on (I occasionally like to bash my head against walls, too) but the article in the "news" link was pretty poorly written ("an unidentified man attempting struggling with her daughter"???) so I went looking for a better-written version, and found the debunking.

(Actually, that ABC News story is pretty poorly written, too: A mother did not shoot and kill a "notorious pedophile" attempting to rape her 12-year-old daughter in Morgantown, West Virginia, despite what a report circulating online. "Despite what a report circulating online" WHAT? :???: )

4. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

I thought it sounded like some feel good story.
    Here's a suggestion for the next fake story targeting the same audience.

WWII vet body slams teen thug for blasting obscene rap music.

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

DAYUM.

Nemo

Scout706 likes this.
  6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

So this "ABC14news.com" linked to in the "Bearing Arms" story is a fake ABC site, ABC knows about it and ABC doesn't do anything about it? OK. :-k

7. ProGunLiberal

ProGunLiberal New Member

That ABC14news.com looks to be registered out of Panama, so probably not a lot the real ABC can do about it. Plus, I think those local ABC outfits (like WSB) are more like franchises, not actually owned by Big ABC. (If you do a WHOIS on the real "abcnews.com" it shows their contact info at ABC, Inc., 77 West 66th Street, New York, NY. Also, if you watch carefully, you can't actually go to abcnews.com; it automatically and instantly re-directs to abcnews.go.com. WHOIS on go.com shows that one belongs to Disney Enterprises, Inc., 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA. And Disney owns ABC these days.)

That ABC14news.com is slick, though. Nothing about it really pinged my "oh, hoax site" meter; to the contrary, if you go to its front page the site still looks pretty real. I just thought this "Donna Bailey" person was kind of a sloppy and over-sensational writer (but hey, some small town news outfit; and the real ABC News site isn't grammatically perfect either) and wanted to find a little better written story.

Oh, and further digging shows that ABC14news.com is reportedly only 10 days old.

Welcome to the 21st century.