Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting March 31st we will be holding a monthly IDPA match at West Georgia Tactical Inc. at 3775 West Highway 166, Carrollton, Ga. 30117. The match will start at 0900 hrs and go until we are done. Entry fee is $10.00 per gun.

Even if you have never come out and shot IDPA before come try it, it is a lot of fun and good people.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Some questions

I am really wanting to get into IDPA shooting. I have never been to a match so I am not really sure what all it entails. I have never taken a "defensive" shooting class but I am a safe and experienced shooter.

How many magazines do we need?
How much ammo?
Cover garmet?
Type of Holster?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I shot my first only IDPA match in October with these guys. Let me tell you it was fun. Just take it one round at a time and don't get caught up in the time clock and competition. 100-150 rounds would be more than plenty. Great group of guys and good fun...besides if West Georgia Tactical is open that will be a bonus.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$10.00 bucks is all and as long as we can keep the club going on it thats all we will ever charge. The club gets 5 and the range gets 5.

Round count is usually no more that 100 per event and you will probably have some left over.

The matches are fun and enlightning, no egos.

·
Romans 10:13
4,652 Posts
I would love to compete in either IDPA or ISPC. But I am just a begginer. I have no clue which one would be better. How would you tell? it seems like IDPA would. Is that correct? and why? I would hate to make a fool out of myself which is highly possible. But I also hear that it is extremely fun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going to be attending also with NetAdminWithGun. We both live in Woodstock so if your on the way towards the competition send either of us a pm or contact us through aim and we can carpool. :p

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.