Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'll be there.

Remember to brush up on your tactical reloads and reloads with retention as Crash has stated we're going to go easy on dropping empty mags into that fine clay dust.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Cavediver said:
Bulldawg182 said:
Guess you'd be coming down 75 to 285??? I could always meet you somewhere there.
Looks like a little arm twisting goes a long way :lol:
Well, I got the Pirate Eye from my other half when I mentioned this one.....can't make it after all. But, I'll be at the next outdoor one within driving distance.

HAVE FUN

·
Registered
89 Posts
Me and NetAdminWithGun are on the way back to our homes...and since I have access to his laptop, felt I'd post my feelings about this event.

We just got finished with the event and I have to say... ... ... it F*CKING ROCKED! That was the most fun I have had in a long time. I did great on the first competition and killed a hostage on the second hahaha.

NetAdmin and myself met Cavediver. Great guy, by the way. The event was awesome. I'm guaranteed to be at the next one because I had a blast.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I'm glad you guys had a great time and I'm jealous. I will make the next one for sure.

Jay, how'd the wife like the XD9?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
I'm glad you guys had a great time and I'm jealous. I will make the next one for sure.

Jay, how'd the wife like the XD9?
She's pretty pleased with it. Hits on target when she remembered to use the sights :lol: All in all, she was happy with the way it shot.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Tom will not be able to be at the West Ga. Tactical Shooters Match this month, and we have experienced a price increase also at the range. So fees may go higher due to this. I won't be able to be there either so this month may be cancelled.

As soon as I get my place going we will have a match there monthly in Cedartown. Itis a remote location with no houses or churches around and will accomidate matches much better.

We plan on having several pits by fall and we will be able to set the stages up seperately and run at the same time so there will be no standing around.

Stay tuned for more info.

·
16,485 Posts
Firearmz said:
Tom will not be able to be at the West Ga. Tactical Shooters Match this month, and we have experienced a price increase also at the range. So fees may go higher due to this. I won't be able to be there either so this month may be cancelled.

As soon as I get my place going we will have a match there monthly in Cedartown. Itis a remote location with no houses or churches around and will accomidate matches much better.

We plan on having several pits by fall and we will be able to set the stages up seperately and run at the same time so there will be no standing around.

Stay tuned for more info.
Ah, but you forgot the most important part of the new place: tire house!

·
Registered
89 Posts
So is this Saturday cancelled?

Also, I used to live in Cedartown and am fairly familiar with it. So, if you start one down there I plan to be there each time. :)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
West Georgia Tactical wil be doing theres in Ceadrtown starting soon.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I'd like to get into IDPA. Can anyone give me the IDPA for dummies speech?

·
16,485 Posts
What do you want to know? Everything I can think of:

You draw from concealment most every round

Don't load to more than 10, even if you would carry more :roll:

Need a holster
IWB or
The ejection port needs to be no lower than your beltline and it can't be cut for speed draws.

and mag pouches
At least 2

Magazines
at least 3 (duh)

You shoot cardboard targets and need two shots in any combination of the center of torso and the head per target.

Misses and hits on hostages/no shoots add to your time.

Procedural errors (if you have to shoot in a certain order and you don't) have a stiff time penalty (10 seconds?)

Safety errors
Point your gun only in the 180 degrees to your front and really avoid pointing anywhere to the side
Finger off the trigger while moving
Failure to follow safety rules will get you kicked out, money unrefunded

No loaded weapons unless you're on the line, about to go or actually engaged in a course of fire

At the end of each course of fire, you will have to show clear and reholster

That's all I can think of for now.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ashe said:
I'd like to get into IDPA. Can anyone give me the IDPA for dummies speech?
Budder has it pretty well summed up.
The only thing I would add: safety is #1 At first you should take it slow and easy, don't worry about the clock or your score. Go out, let people know you're new, have fun and learn.

It's a lot of fun. Seriously. Once you try it, you'll probably be hooked.

·
16,485 Posts
I agree with Cavediver. Dont' worry about timing or scoring your first two matches. Just try to learn all the rules and KEEP THE MUZZLE DOWNRANGE. While I don't doubt that you're a safe shooter, IDPA will be a novel situation to you and all it takes is one mistake for someone to get hurt. Trust me when I say that no one will care if you're the slowest as long as you don't cover anyone. Well, not until you've gotten to know the people. Then they'll be mean like me or that cranky geriatric on these boards.

It's a fun sport, and one that I plan to get back into as soon as I can (still need to order some mag pouches for my P7), but no one will be having fun if it's not safe.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Still noone answered where and when
:lol:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I will post it when we get ready to have one, the usual match director is out of town this month and I have to work. So it will be next month.

·
Registered
964 Posts
GunCrazed said:
nooooooooooooooooo!!!! I was looking forward to beating NetAdmin again mwahahaha... and shooting another hostage :D
Since you're on the top side of the city, check out Riverbend Gun Club. They hold an "action pistol" competition once a month. Supposedly very similar to IDPA. It's close to you, between 575 & 400
It looks like they've got a pretty wide variety of other shooting events.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts