West GA IDPA

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by NetAdminWithGun, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Who all is going this weekend?

Hopefully i get in touch with GunCrazed and he uses my glock for competition.

I believe wiley is going as well.

*anyone is welcome to hitch a ride with me leaving from woodstock.

2. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

How many people ususally turn out to this event?

3. Wiley

Wiley Guest

10 to 12 generaly. All good folks, very willing to help newcommers.

4. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

10 to 12 total? Dang, I bet that keeps you shooting!
    The only IDPA match I've attended had around 18 people, indoor range. Lots of standing around...

5. standing around? Screw that.

I bring chairs and beef jerky, soda and a cooler.

Good to have small talk inbetween Courses of fire.

You should come out, its alot of fun.

The only one i've ever been to where there was alot of standing around was the qualifier. If thats the one you went to you need to come out with us.

6. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

Nah, this was indoor IDPA. Disorganized at that.

I know that would be a lot of fun. The million dollar question: Can I get my wife to let me shoot events two weekends in a row?

Actually, my wife has a single stack .40 Star, 2 extra mags 18+1 total shots. As a below average shot (as am I :D ) is there any chance she could finish each stage? If not, would anyone take issue with her using my 9mm, taking a minute to reload mags before the 2nd person shoots? I know that kind of thing is not an issue with most clubs, just checking...

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Shouldn't be a problem. Just let the coordinator know so that they can separate you in the order so you get a chance to reload. Or just buy more mags. Can't have too many mags.

8. GunCrazed

GunCrazed Guest

I will be there homeskillet. Don't forget to call me and verify that I should be at your house around 7:45am - 8am

It will be my first opportunity to open carry - so I'm looking forward to it.

I love you James :) have my babies!

9. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

As long as the weather is good, I'll be there...toting the 19. Ya'll make sure you bring a cover garment.

10. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I've never seen an IDPA event. What's it like and where is this one?

11. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

It looks like it's held at West Ga Tactical Inc.
    If you want to see what it's like, look at some of the IDPA video threads at the XD forum (or the tupperware site of your choice :lol: ). Here's a link to some USPSA action, very similar to IDPA.

If you want to see top of the line performance, check out the videos on theSevigny Performance web site.

12. Bulldawg182

Thanks, Jay....man that looks like fun. After a while, shooting at paper at an indoor range gets a little mundane. Still fun, but would be nice to do some of this type of shooting occasionally.

13. Bulldawg182

Thanks....man that looks like fun. After a while, shooting at paper at an indoor range gets a little mundane. Still fun, but would be nice to do some of this type of shooting occasionally.

14. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

We should talk the guys at Bullseye into having bowling pin shoots. The range I belonged to in MD had them once a month originally, but due to turn out had them more frequently. I agree that after a while the paper gets boring.

Putting someone against the clock increases the stress and is better for preparing for the SHTF cases. Not even close to the same, but every bit of training helps.

I'd like to check one of these out sometime when I'll be in town.

15. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

Well, it's no longer a problem. She's the proud new owner of an XD9sc. That makes a pair for our family.

If the weather looks good and we can get up early enough, I think we're going to go. I'll know more tomorrow.

16. holy crap dude.

Bulldog, your right up the road from me, ride down with me and have some fun. I promise you will love it and they are very new person friendly.

This will be guncrazed first match and i'm bringing my 18 year old friend to compete as well.

MOST FUN YOU WILL EVER HAVE FOR 10$

17. Bulldawg182

You're killin me......I'd love to go but need to see what the little woman would think. I usually don't need to do that, but next weekend I'm in Carrollton for the defensive handgun class Sat & Sun.

Will you PM me your phone number just in case things change or I can get the green light from her tonight?

18. PM sent

Hope more people get into this, i wish i didn't hesitate.

19. Bulldawg182

Guess you'd be coming down 75 to 285??? I could always meet you somewhere there.

20. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

Looks like a little arm twisting goes a long way :lol: