We're At War and Congress Is Worried About This?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by wsweeks2, Jul 16, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

2. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

Maybe that's why Congress has a lower approval rating than the president. No matter how dumb Bush is they still distrust Congress more.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

If you think the Brady Bunch and the other anti-gun people are single-minded in their persistence, you really need to start paying attention to the anti-smoking groups. They make the Bradys look less than serious.

Both mind sets are so dangerous, and so determined to get their way, because they're saving lives. Not quite up to the level of intensity of the anti-abortion people, but close. Way too close!!!

For some reason, I have a real problem with people who tell me how to live my life because they know better than I how I should do so.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Can I get a big +1?

5. Claire

Claire New Member

I like the way you think ;)

I'm not too thrilled with anti-smokers either

Funny tho - how pretty alcohol advertisements are & the amount of $$ put into the advertisements - yet alcohol is probably in the top of the leading cause of deaths. Tho, I haven't seen recent stats

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

+1

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey PT:

Maybe I showing the world my lack of knowledge here, but I done so previously, so I have practice... Lots of practice!!!

"Free the 8. "

The eight what?

If you'd said the seven, I'd be thinking Doc, Dopey, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Grumpy, but the eight?

Not Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blizten, Etc., Etc.,?

Didn't think so.......

So..... Who, or what, are "the 8"?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

While I agree that government should not be passing "anti-smoking" laws pertaining it private property, do not mistake this for me approving your self destructive behavior or even thinking you do not smell badly if you are a smoker. Cause you do. :D

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Smoke...don't smoke....either way it doesn't affect me and I don't care.

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I'm not a smoker, but when I met Macktee on Sunday, my mind may have been changed. As far as I could tell, his thought process was "Well, budder will be here in more than ten seconds: time to light up a cigar." If I get to a stage in life where I'm like that (perhaps it would be more like: I have an hour free, better go shooting for at least two), I'll be pretty pleased with myself.