Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Would You Be Interested In Buying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a gent offer to sell me a couple of boxes of Wenger/Victorinox Swiss Army Knives today.

1 box was like 2ft X3ftX2ft deep. The other box like 2ftX2ftX2ft.

I would estimate roughly 1200+ assorted Wenger,Victorinox knives.

All appear to be used, however most looked like new.

Huge assortment of different styles.

If the price was right, would folks here be interested in buying some of these if I did deals on them?

Deal being, if it retailed for say $50, sell for $15 or $20, including shipping.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
But only Victorninox

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I've bought and sold A LOT of different things over the years and have never had any luck selling knives for a profit. I usually end up selling enough to cover my cost and that's about it. The couple of times I've tried it I ended up giving away more than I sold.

·
GPDO Supporter
3,508 Posts
Caution: china copies everything........

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chainsaw123 said:
Caution: china copies everything........
This is true.

Just from my first glance, they appeared to be as stated. I'm going to go take a look again tomorrow when I have more time to dig into the boxes.

·
Registered
924 Posts
A couple years after Victorinox bought Wenger there were some people selling larger quanities of assorted knifes such as you descibe. I bought ten of the Tinker for $50 and a couple of the Adventurers (I believe that was the name, I no longer have them) for $20.
However, several of my friends also bought from the same gentleman and they got a few very cheap knockoffs. They didn't open every single box and inspect them as I did.

If you can get them for cheap enough, they are real and LNIB, and you are very patient then I say go for it...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rhodes said:
If you can get them for cheap enough, they are real and LNIB, and you are very patient then I say go for it...
Any of them could look like new. Victor will replace the scales or handles free of charge on any of their products, according to their website. Just print the form, and mail in your knife.

http://www.swissarmy.com/CustomerServic ... s.aspx#150

1 - 8 of 8 Posts