Well-known Rapper T.I. Arrested in Atlanta

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Adam5, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/p...n=8&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

According to last nights news, another 6 loaded firearms were found in his closet.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

From CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/13/rapper.arrested/index.html

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I had no idea who this person was until I got to this line.

5. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

The important questions is:

Does this improve his street cred' and will it boost his record sales?

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

More Questions

1-- Where did these NFA-type firearms come from? Are they home-made in some illegal basement machine shop? Were they made from ordinary semi-auto firearms, and was the suppressor made from a fake one or a dummy tube? Are they genuine NFA-registered firearms that were stolen from the rightful owner? Did this rapper's bodyguard or some member of his entourage buy them "legally" filling out all the paperwork, but intending all along to sell them, off the record, to the rapper? (Which would make it an illegal transaction right off the bat, but at least on paper it would look legitimate and be processed the normal way).

2-- How far up the chain of custody can the feds go? I want them to find out where these weapons came from and BUST that person or that group. This rap star, though he's a thug and a convicted felon, is not the "big fish," and the investigation should not end with him. Ultimately, he is just the customer, and he only bought a couple of guns, probably for his personal use (and that of his posse' of bodyguards and fellow thugs).

If there is an illegal arms dealer who can be identified and caught and prosecuted, I hope the feds will. The guy who is making these things and selling them on the black market needs to get more punishment than one of his customers does.

7. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I believe the article in the AJC said the illegal items were purchased by TI's bodyguard from a BATF undercover agent, so they probably came from our government's inventory of such weapons.

It sounds as though TI asked his bodyguard to find him some new toys and the bodyguard was dumb enough to buy them from a cop. Once apprised of the situation, he decided to cut a deal with the BATF rather than protect his boss.

Sounds like ol' TI gonna be rapping from behind bars for a long, long time. Not sure what that'll do for his street cred as he'll probably be too old to rap when he finally does get back out on the streets...

:jail:

Not having teenage kids, and having a fairly low opinion of rap ( :puke: ) I've never heard of this guy before today. Does anybody know anything about him? Anything other than he's a thug with more money than all of us combined? How about it adam? It would appear you're a big fan, so tell us all about him.

:mrgreen:

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I wouldn't have the slightest idea who he was, except for hearing the name or seeing the Chevy commecials.

10. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Dime a dozen.

11. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

Did anyone see the movie ATL? He was in it. I didn't know who he was before that, though.

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Re: More Questions

Again, I have to stand up for the 2nd Amendment here. Nobody was harmed by these weapons and I believe the NFA is unconstititional so I hope everyone beats the rap, pardon the pun.

Don't conpromise your principles because this guy is a rap star.

13. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Yeah, I know about him. He is now one of the major, mainstream, rappers. You will hear his music on all of the top 40/hip hop radio stations.

He goes by T.I. or T.I.P. He is from Atlanta. He uses the title "King of the South." He has had several run-ins with the law before and is known to have public "beefs" with other rappers. He was in that movie mentioned in the posts above.

He has more money that you could imagine.

If you like rap, he actually puts out some decent stuff. 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.I.

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Not the cleanest guy in the world:

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I know what is meant by this, but it sounds like a misleading charge. Having a gun isn't illegal. I know under certain conditions it is, but when it's stated like that, it makes it sound like it's illegal to even have a gun.

16. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I disagree with NFA, but he's a convicted felon and shouldn't have any guns, let alone those considered more deserving of restriction.

I hope he's nailed to the wall as we need to have severe punishment of felons in possession of firearms - period.

17. zone

zone Guest

T.I.P is a thug.

18. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

Damn :!: Now I got find someone else to do my ringtones. T.I. a thug, not hardly. He might weight 125 soak and wet. It'll take a little more than rap album and a couple of drug charges for ole Cliffy boy to be considered a thug. He's just a rapping drug dealer who met up with the right producer. Someone is gonna step up and take the charge. Once he makes bail, he'll never see a jail cell for those charges. The most he'll get is a probation violation charge. Without his rap rep, he'll be just another fresh fish in big house, like all the other wanna be gansters.

Word

19. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

A convicted felon rapper being charged with illegal gun possession? Surely this is a mistake?

20. merlock

merlock Active Member

Probably will only get probation. :evil: