Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bullochsheriff.com/gun-child.htm

Since 1995, however, the number of accidental shooting fatalities of children under the age of 15 has declined more than 50 percent. This decrease has been attributed to safety education programs. But an increased awareness of gun safety is not good enough; even one death is too many. You can make a difference by being a responsible parent. Reinforce safe gun behavior with your child.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Keep all guns unloaded until ready to be used.
Well, that's one thing that bothers me. I can see maybe a rifle that you have in the house that isn't necessarily for SD, but a SD pistol has to be loaded. It would hurt if you threw it at the perp, but I don't think it would do the job that most would like.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Well, that's one thing that bothers me. I can see maybe a rifle that you have in the house that isn't necessarily for SD, but a SD pistol has to be loaded. It would hurt if you threw it at the perp, but I don't think it would do the job that most would like.
I dunno. If your SD pistol is as reliable as Thorsen's 1911, you'd be in better shape if you'd planned on throwing it. ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
If it is a SD gun, it is being used at all times.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fallison said:
ptsmith24 said:
If it is a SD gun, it is being used at all times.
:exactly:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts