Welfare rant!!! 7 kids we paid for and the moms only 20!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by luke0927, Jun 2, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

she's had 3 sets of twins so that makes it interesting.....God it pisses me off to no end.....knowing Im working my overtime and getting taxed 50% to pay for these type things.......

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/w ... 091f2.html

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

This reads as if he is not th father of the others.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Why?! Why?!

Why must good people die while people like her still live?

4. zone

zone New Member

Assanine!

5. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

this is why I think people should have to get an IUD after 2 kids if they are on welfare.

you can have all the kids you want till I am paying for them

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

People on welfare should be on mandatory birth control.

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

But, we can't do that.

They have the right to have all the kids they want.

Absolutely, they have the right to do that!

Unfortunately, with that right does not come responsibility to take care of the kids. You've heard of responsibility? Ya know, like earning the money required to pay for their food, clothes, shelter, big screen, cell phones, video games, sneakers, designer purses, designer clothes and all the other necessities of life.

So....... Care to guess who does pay?

:( :( :( :( :(

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

There is always Japan's solution to that little situation (I think it is Japan anyway).

Limit welfare to 2 children only. So if you have 2 kids or 10, it is the same amount of welfare given.

If you have ever worked at a grocery store, you quickly realize that there are some people in this world who are quite happy living off the governments welfare handouts. Disgustingly, there are people who have kids just to increase their monthly check.

9. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I worked in a grocery store in high school, and I saw what you mean first hand. In college, I worked in a store that specialized in WIC voucher items and was situated between two housing projects. I have personally loaded groceries purchased with WIC vouchers into brand new very nice vehicles. When I was in the store, food stamps looked like monopoly money, and we people all the time that would come in and buy $.25 items with $1.00 food stamps to convert them into $.75 cash and do it one item at a time. I think they have gone to a debit card type system now.

10. merlock

merlock New Member

I'm for a more permanent solution.

This also applies to health insurance. There was a poll recently that indicated the 20-30 year olds would rather have a cell phone than insurance. And these are probably the ones screaming the loudest about having no insurance, and demanding Canada/British-type solcialized health care.

+1, nothing else to add.

They went to the debit card to 'prevent fraud' and to help the self-esteem of the .gov leeches, although I know what they look like. And, I've never been afraid to voice my opinion, especially when they are getting better products than I am.

I also think that the .gov leeches should be made to use an exclusive aisle for checkout, so that everyone in the store knows and sees that their tax dollars are hard at work, and the :censored: with their self-esteem.

11. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I work admissions in an emergency room.

Let's just say I HATE the Medicaid system.

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

oh boy you should work at a tax office.... you learn quickly how WELL the welfare half live... escalade anyone?

13. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I remember well, some years ago, my wife and I were in the grocery, counting our pennies (litteraly!) to be sure we could afford what was in the cart.

We reached the check out. In front of us was a woman with numerous steaks and cornish game hens (and other stuff, but I remember those items!) who paid for with food stamps.

We had several cans of pork and beans at $0.09 a can because it was the cheapest decent food we could buy and she was buying luxury meat items with freaking food stamps!!!!

Whatever warm and fuzzy liberal feelings for "the disavantaged" I'd ever had were lost that day! And, I never got them back...

I understand some people need some help and I'm all for giving them some help. But not supporting them better than people who work for a living!

14. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

14+ years ago, in my first marriage, when my daughter was born, I'd just lost my job. So, we had little choice at that point in time, so we got food stamps.

We used them wisely, trying to buy store brand stuff, and stuck to ground beef and chicken, not steaks and cornish hens.

We used them for about 6 months until I got another job and we were back on our feet, financially. They really helped us. To this day, I never felt that I abused the system.

Really would chap my ass to watch rednecks walk into a convenience store, and buy a .10 piece of gum with a $1 food stamp, get .90 in change, walk out to the car, come back, and do it again, and again, and again...until they had enough to buy a case of Bud. :shock: :evil:

15. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I don't think that the average American is opposed to a safety net or helping hand for situations like yours. The problem is the abuse and those that work the system.

16. merlock

merlock New Member

+1000

17. maddog

maddog New Member

I still remember the term "welfare Cadalac" and think that more states should consider other deterents to help people to got back onto their own feet. There have been a few that have worked in areas including

- requiring individuals on welfare to donate time to "earn" their checks

- not giving checks out if school age children don't attend school (and being kicked out due to causing trouble counts as absense and makes parents get involved with school too)

- putting a maximum time limit (2 years) for a family to be in the system (similar to unemployment system) :rant:

18. tony218

tony218 New Member

i get really pi$$ed of when you some 300lb. woman with finger nails
    8" long, a diamond on every finger pay for a buggy full of luxury food
    with food stamps load (and demand a employee carry it for her) it
    into a $60,000 lexus. i see this about once every two weeks at
    wally world. here i am working everyday to pay for her "diet"
    and all her bling,bling

19. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I had one of our regular Medicaid leeches in the ER today. This woman uses state aid to fund her painkiller addiction. She had "back pain."

Now, our docs may or may not :wink: keep a list of druggies (supposedly this is against HIPAA) so she doesn't get the Vicodin she wants, usually.

Her coverage includes a $3 copay. This is her entire responsibility per visit. THREE FREAKING DOLLARS. When I asked her for her copay, her reply was "You might as well pay it for me, you just paid for my :censored: doctor visit. I ain't gonna :censored: pay the :censored: thing. You can't squeeze blood out of :censored: turnips."

It's THREE FREAKING DOLLARS. This woman has been listed as "unemployed" in our system for years, yet manages to live in a nice house on a nice road (I may or may not have, at one time, gone to check it out) and drives an Acura.

What makes it even worse is that our business office won't drop a bill for under $5, so we'll never even see that money.

That's $156 a year if she's in weekly, which she usually is.

Now, keep in mind that the average copay for a Blue Cross/Blue Shield member is $100 for an ER visit. State employees pay $100. City employees locally pay $75. Walmart pays $30.

80% of our "regular" insured patients pay their copays in part or in full, and they are AT THE LOWEST 10 times her copay.

Many of these people live paycheck to paycheck (myself included), yet still manage to come up with proper payment for their debts.

/end rant