Weld: The Second Amendment is to Defend Against Tyrannical Gov’t

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by EJR914, Oct 4, 2016.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Don't most of you here agree with this?

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/weld-second-amendment/#ixzz4M8xmPc7s

2. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

I Now Libertarian, changed position to opposing gun control

Once an advocate for strong gun control laws, Weld last week quickly made public his new position as an anti-gun-control candidate -- in line with his fellow Libertarians.
    Source: Boston Globe on 2016 Veepstakes/vice-presidential hopefuls , May 26, 2016
    2nd Amendment right s are individual rights

I am a lifelong hunter and gun owner. In 1993, as Governor of Massachusetts, I went along with modest restrictions on firearms. Governing involves tough choices. Today, I would make different choices. Restricting gun rights doesn't make us safer, and threatens our constitutional freedoms. I support the Supreme Court's decision in the District of Columbia vs. Heller -- a decision that embraced the notion that Second Amendment rights are individual rights, not to be abridged by the government.
    Source: Reason magazine OpEd by 2016 vice-presidential hopeful , May 21, 2016
    Supports gun control

Does the strange combination of thorough economic conservatism and social liberalism make Weld a libertarian? Not unless libertarians also support expansive environmental regulations, gun control, and affirmative action.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Bill_Weld_Gun_Control.htm

Some here said when trump said in past so how is he different

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Good

Mr. Weld was wrong in 1993 for supporting an assault weapons ban.
    His position on gun control now is good.
    Sure, he's a better "2A" candidate than the others.

4. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Depends on which set of rules you want them both to play by.

One should always be wise to this:

----

Hey, mark. I just saw your post in the other thread that got shut down, the one where you called Johnson an idiot. You really shouldn't be such an ignorant. Johnson is the ONLY REPUBLICAN in this race. He is the ONLY REPUBLICAN to have held executive office of a state. He also has a record that you can go see for yourself. He beat all other 49 state governors in using his veto power COMBINED. He is the ONLY REPUBLICAN in this race that started his fortune with his bare hands. He is the ONLY REPUBLICAN in this race that has proven he can leave office with a SURPLUS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Haterz make him famous :righton:

People hate and he goes up in the polls :righton:

Attached Files:

6. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

i stand by my statement hes an idiot and no chance at all to win.

7. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Neither does Trump. Hillary has got this election in the bag. Embrace the suck.

8. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

I just hope the GOP retains control of the Senate at this stage, not just to counter Hillary's agenda and the Supreme court. But the last six years have been wonderful from a limited government standpoint. Total gridlock is a good thing.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

JiG, love that Otto Von Bismark quote! :)

10. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

I wholeheartedly agree. Gridlock and a lame duck president is the best we can hope for out of this election.