Website slowing down again

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by RedDawnTheMusical, Sep 21, 2010.

1. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Looks like the database concurrent connections issue is creeping up on us again...
    [​IMG]

2. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

I've been getting that alot. Always in the evening, somewhere between 7 and 10.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

8 to 10 is the heaviest traffic load of the day. I will see if there is anything slowing the system down.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

It looks like it isn't phpBB but rather the database limiting the number of concurrent connections.

5. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

ive had that same problem a couple times in the last couple weeks. i just give it a couple minutes and i usually get right on

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yes and no. phpBB is asking mysql to pull a lot of information. If more requests pile up than mysql is set to process, the concurent connection error is given. One of those is the delta index I sometimes forget to merge.

The server is setup to check on mysql and httpd every 15min and if a problem is found it will restart the software. So generally speaking there should not be a problem lasting longer than 15min.