Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the command of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison, I have often written about the need for students to understand why they are Americans â€" so they can act as informed citizens. This is the inspirational story of 21-year-old architecture student Aaron Tobey, who was outraged at the violation of his civil liberties by the Transportation Security Authority's imposition of whole-body imaging scanning and pat downs of our private parts at airports.

On Dec. 30, waiting in line at Richmond (Va.) International Airport, Tobey, determined "to start a dialogue" about the crucial importance of the First and Fourth Amendments to our constitutional liberties, removed his shirt as the screening began in order to show that he had written on his chest the core of the Fourth Amendment:

"The right of the people to be secure ... against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated."

Immediately arrested and handcuffed, this young, insistent constitutionalists was interrogated for 90 minutes by security agencies, including, of course, the FBI's Joint Task Force on Terrorism.
Read more: The 4th Amendment: In his heart, on his chest http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=255 ... z1CAh3DZrX

Just a great read about standing up for your rights, shaking your fist in the face of tyrants, and winning. I wish I had these kind of guts! This guy is a true Patriot, and I applaud him in his actions and his resolve.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
I don't think it takes guts, just conviction.

I also don't think he would have been arrested if he had merely worn a t-shirt with the same wording. But, the precedent being set here (believing in the Constitution means you are a terrorist) is increasingly common.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd beg to differ. I think it takes big ole' brass ones to do something like this, along with the conviction.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rmodel65 said:
http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment

Didn't TSA come out and said that if you wore won of these shirts it would give them RAS to search you further?

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
EJR914 said:
rmodel65 said:
Didn't TSA come out and said that if you wore won ([sic], really RC, 'won'? :shock: ) of these shirts it would give them RAS to search you further?
They might have, or might not. Is there any law that says they have to tell you the truth? And is it any different that an officer saying "If you have nothing to hide, why can't I search your car?" or "You not giving me permission makes me suspect that you are hiding something."

Wear a kilt and go freeballing. You'll smile the rest of the day, but...the TSA agent will have that mental image forever.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AV8R said:
Besides the scanner, just how much more can they search you? :shock:

Wait, don't answer that. :puke:
*latex glove pops* *shiver*

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fallschirmjäger said:
EJR914 said:
rmodel65 said:
Didn't TSA come out and said that if you wore won ([sic], really RC, 'won'? :shock: ) of these shirts it would give them RAS to search you further?
They might have, or might not. Is there any law that says they have to tell you the truth? And is it any different that an officer saying "If you have nothing to hide, why can't I search your car?" or "You not giving me permission makes me suspect that you are hiding something."

Wear a kilt and go freeballing. You'll smile the rest of the day, but...the TSA agent will have that mental image forever.
Eh, if another man, especially a TSA agent touches my bare junk with his hand, I would certainly feel violated.

If they have to touch my junk, I'd rather have at least two layers of clothes between his hand and my junk. Just a personal preference.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
EJR914 said:
AV8R said:
Besides the scanner, just how much more can they search you? :shock:

Wait, don't answer that. :puke:
*latex glove pops* *shiver*
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26647035/detail.html

APD Unit Investigated Over Public Strip Search Claims

One of the men, who was driving, said members of the Red Dog unit pulled over his vehicle and forced him to pull down his pants on the side of the road in broad daylight, as officers conducted a search for drugs. No drugs were ever found, driver Brian Kidd said.

Kidd told Philips that his roommate, Shawn Venegas, was also subjected to a body cavity search that left him feeling uncomfortable.

“They went to his bottom part. That’s as low as you can go. I don’t think anybody should be subjected to that kind of search,†Kidd said. “I had to look away because I couldn’t watch my friend be done like that.â€
No airline ticket required. yay.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Two of the three officers involved in the stop were also named in the infamous Atlanta Eagle bar raid that the city recently settled. Co-counsel on the traffic stop case, Dan Grossman, was the lead attorney in the Atlanta Eagle case.
Glad to see these officers learned something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts