Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading up on laws on conceal carry. But I can't find what is says about conceal carry in your POV. I know if I don't have a carry permit I have to have my pistol secured in truck or glove box. BUt if I have a carry permit can I keep it on my body or does it have to be secured?

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,661 Posts
Welcome to GPDO. Also, a minor point, but it helps if you use terms correctly, here on the forum and elsewhere. In Georgia, we don't have "carry permits." The correct term is, Georgia Weapons Carry License, or GWCL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a GWCL. A long as I have that I can carry my loaded gun on me in vehicle and out minus places that are restricted right?

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,661 Posts
I have a GWCL. A long as I have that I can carry my loaded gun on me in vehicle and out minus places that are restricted right?
Yep. Just stay out of off limits areas, and you are good to go.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,399 Posts
POV? Personally Owned Vehicle?

It was once the case, as of 1976, that all persons must secure in glovebox. As of 1996, a licensed person could keep it anywhere. As of 2008, with the passage of HB89, an unlicensed person may keep it in the car unqualified. That is, anywhere in any manner in any condition, assuming he is legally able to posses a weapon.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/history-of-georgias-carry-laws/

You can have it in car in some places that are restricted, such as school zones and churches, but be careful of omissions from the list in the parking statute. For example, a polling place is NOT listed in the definition of a parking facility. So don't get the car within 150 feet of the building with a voting machine in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts