Weapon Engraving - Savannah Area

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Marikhal, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Marikhal

Marikhal Guest

Are there any shops around here that can offer engraving services?

In the future, if I decide to register my lower as an SBR, I'll need to engrave the name of the trust onto the lower.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not sure about that area, but Jon at Anvil Arms does engraving. He's in Lakeland, FL. That's who I bought my AR lower from. Great guy to deal with. http://anvilarms.com/

Also, you can look on ar15.com. There are pictures of his engraving work. But with it being a lower, would you have to transfer it through a FFL to get it back here? That's the only downfall I see to that method.

3. Marikhal

Marikhal Guest

Boooooooooo! :p

I wish I could do it myself! I'd probably end up compromising the structural integrity of the lower, however. It's a shame those things are so fragile. :p

Thanks for the tip, ptsmith!

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

You're welcome. If you want another lower, get one from him and I believe the engraving is included (don't quote me on that, I think it's on his website somewhere). He's also a member here, so you can PM him (Jon-Anvil-Arms) or something like that.

5. Jon-Anvil_Arms

Jon-Anvil_Arms Guest

Hi Guys!

You can send your lowers directly to us for engraving and we can send them directly back to you without having to go through a local FFL. We hold the FFL/manufacturing license. As long as we ship it back to the same address you used to ship it from, no problem.

And thanks for mentioning us!!

Jon Kruger
    President, Anvil Arms LLC
    Lakeland, FL.

863-398-4460

[email:244zg3fm][email protected][/email:244zg3fm]

http://www.AnvilArms.com

6. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

If you are near West Georgia, we might be able to help.
    [​IMG]

7. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Nice work man! How long is the turn around on somethuing like that with those kind of graphics? Oh yeah and the pricing?

8. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Most between $20 and $50, if image in on file. Custom artwork can be a bit more. Turn around is usually same day, most of the time while you wait. Keep in mind, this is our secondary business and it's always a good idea to call ahead. Here is one we did for one of our SF friends.
    [​IMG]

9. grayelky

grayelky New Member

This guy is in Madison, Ga. His email is smallengraving (at) aol (dot) com
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And, yes, his work is a LOT better than my photography!!

10. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

That is some fine work!!! 8)