We will not comply

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Pittsburgh

City is proposing weapons ban

Hundreds turn out carrying openly.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/01/07/open-carry-rally-city-county-building-portico/

Less than a handful of counter-protesters appeared across the street, including Jim Grant from the North Side.

“I think it’s ridiculous to be having people coming in here with guns out in the open,” he said.

Cathy Coudriet carried a small sign imploring people to love thy neighbor.

“I walk down the street all the time and I feel threatened today by these people who have come into our city trying to tell us what to do,” she said.​

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Are any of these protesters mentioning that Pennsylvania's legislature has enacted two (2) different preemption laws that totally take away the power to enact gun laws from any city in the state (except for discharging guns too close to roads, unsafe recreational shooting, etc).

Motopackin likes this.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Preemption laws won't matter if the liberty haters sue and find judges that will agree that local governments have the power to ban firearms in spite of state law saying otherwise.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Well, they're just puffing hot air then. Probably in an effort to keep the Bloomberg dollars flowing to tyrants running for office.

6. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I doesn't matter if the proposed city ordinance would have been invalid/struckdown if passed. A large, peaceful, heavily armed crowd stood downtown to say F you and your stupid-ass law to the city of Pittsburgh. I think that's great.

Wheedle, Savannah Dan and Adam5 like this.
  7. Malum Prohibitum

At least one of them did. You didn't watch the video?

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

So they'll pass a symbolic ordinance and then spend tens or hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars in a losing effort to defend the lawsuits that will be filed by various groups including Joshua Prince https://blog.princelaw.com/ who most likely has his suit already prepared.

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I guess Cathy forgets about all those people in the big granite buildings who tell her and everybody else what to do every day.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Persons asking Cathy to butt out and leave them alone, choose liberty, are now "trying to tell us what to do." The hamstering going on in that logical chain of thought I cannot follow.