1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
From reading the author's examples of civilization breakdown, it's pretty clear to me that nobody is growing up any more. We're a nation of 10 year olds.

Lord of the Flies comes to mind.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
That's what happens when parents fail, when schools fail and when there is absolutely no leadership at any level.

Reactions: 2ToeRacing and AzB

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would love to see into the future about 3-4 generations and see how the world runs. If what going on today continues the world will be in SAD shape.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have 3-4 more generations. Yes, things are going to get worse, then they are going to get really bad, but then the return of the Lord Jesus Christ will put an end to it.

I would love to see into the future about 3-4 generations and see how the world runs. If what going on today continues the world will be in SAD shape.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
Reactions: Jonathan Freeman

·
Registered
4,042 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
Well, that's true. But mainly because during the 1,000 year period right after Christ's return, the earth will be mostly restored to an almost Garden of Eden state.

But even during the seven years preceding that, a multitude of people will believe and be saved, as at some point an angel will proclaim the Gospel message (Rev. 14:6) to all the earth.

Even now, if people would spread out more from the cities, there wouldn't nearly be the "over-population" problem that seems to be.

There will not be an over population problem.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Even now, if people would spread out more from the cities, there wouldn't nearly be the "over-population" problem that seems to be.
Let's just leave those people in the cities. I like the ratio I have now just fine. Not to mention the shortage of ammo at this time.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
I have to admit I like country living myself, although I'm not there yet.

Let's just leave those people in the cities. I like the ratio I have now just fine. Not to mention the shortage of ammo at this time.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
It's only a matter of time. EMP? Electrical grid hack?

I work for a company that got hacked. You would be absolutely amazed at the number of adults that cannot do basic arithmetic in their heads.

Reactions: 2ToeRacing

·
68,905 Posts
Well, that's true. But mainly because during the 1,000 year period right after Christ's return, the earth will be mostly restored to an almost Garden of Eden state.

But even during the seven years preceding that, a multitude of people will believe and be saved, as at some point an angel will proclaim the Gospel message (Rev. 14:6) to all the earth.

Examining Premillennialism
Premillennialism, the doctrine that Christ will soon return to set up an earthly kingdom for a thousand years, is a popular idea these days. In this this article, Wayne Jackson examines this theory

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Wayne Jackson examines this theory
A good read and examination. I may have grasped 20% on the fist read. It would be an excellent topic for a group of interested parties to review for a few weeks then discuss it.

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
1 - 16 of 16 Posts