we do things just a bit more laid back 'round here

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by SheriffOconee, Dec 21, 2006.

1. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Local citizen walks into my office and of course wishes me Merry Christmas and decides to show me HIS Christmas present. Reaches under his shirt and pulls out a cocked and locked RIA .45 that he had just picked up. So in the spirt of the season we field stripped it and oiled it up...
    I told him I was gonna lock his a$$ up cause he had it bone dry...not a drop of oil....
    Merry Christmas to all!!!!

2. Taler

Taler New Member

Ever consider moving to Fulton?

Merry Christmas.

3. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I left Metro Atlanta in 1978....it's all yours

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

So, the local John Q. Citizen comes into the sheriff's office with a loaded pistol in violation of carrying a deadly weapon at a public gathering and possession of a weapon withing the guard lines and the sheriff cleans and lubes up his gun for him.... :shock: WoW!

Come run for sheriff in my county! Better yet, can I come work for you!? :bowdown:

5. Norm357

Norm357 New Member

You're my new Hero! :shock:

6. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Since my office is seperate from the guard line of the jail next door that didn't count, but he did bring a firearm into a public building....kinda funny when he reached under his shirt, the first thing I thought of is "no one on the board is gonna believe this"....

7. tony218

tony218 New Member

does he have a ccw permit???

8. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I don't know if he does or not....seriously, never talked about it

9. tony218

tony218 New Member

well sir, that's the correct answer.
    you passed the test :righton: :bowdown:

10. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I wrote here before that I was going to take a picture of the guy standing in the lobby of the Sheriff's Office with a slung AR15 over his shoulder that he had brought in for one of my deputies to look at. We don't get excited over all that, unless you run in the door waving it around and screaming.....THEN the excitement begins...

11. Foul

Foul New Member

An LEO with common sense AND a heart?!

No offence to you intended, but you are a true gem. Maybe this country isn't swirling down the toilet as quickly as I thought.

Thank you for giving me a little more faith in the human race.

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Thanks Sheriff. That story was a nice Christmas present to the rest of us.

And thanks for joining this board, it's a real pleasure having you here. If I should ever be in your fine county, I'll definitely stop in and visit with you. Have a wonderful Christmas and 2007.

13. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I could just picture walking into the Suwanee or Gwinnett County police department like that guy did..........Better yet I dont think I want to picture that....

Thanks again Sheriff! Happy New Year and of course thanks for being here.

14. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I have been away for a while, but I am back now and my brother is having a hard time getting his GFL from Hall Co....I am going to talk to him about joining this board..
    I really don't suggest trying to walk in your local PD or SO with a gun...it was just to demonstrate that in some parts of this great State that we still have an appreciation for the public trust. WE get our authority from YOU, it isn't the other way 'round

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This is perfectly legal in many states, and it ought to be here. Because I am a simpleton, I have a very simple rule regarding where one should and should not be able to carry firearms, and it is this: The rules should be exactly the same for on and off duty LEOs as for those who are not. A law is either good or bad. The law did not become good "all of a sudden" when I resigned from law enforcement. If the law is good, then it should apply to LEOs. If the law is bad, then it should not apply to any peaceable citizen.
    :wink:

16. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I agree with the off-duty and retired, however there are some places that need to be restricted just so those without proper self control are less likely to come into contact with a firearm. Mainly jails and courtrooms.

Jails because some of the people in there are dangerous and would not think before killing you for your gun (though the people working inside the jail should have weapons) and courtrooms (mostly criminal, not civil cases) because the risk of revenge after a verdict is too great for some (though the DA, baliffs, judge, and jury should be allowed to carry).

17. Malum Prohibitum

When I was a police officer, I could carry neither into the jail nor into Fulton County courtrooms.

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Not even the courtroom?

Who'd you piss off? :p

19. Malum Prohibitum

:lol:

Them's the rules in Fulton County!

They have a lockbox as you come in.

20. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

FYI, all jails are firearms free, at least in the housing units.
    Some counties disarm everyone, including LEO's, who are not Deputies....Athens Clarke used to do it..