Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can i engrave my receiver myself ? ( to ATF specs )

Or local metro atlanta places to get it done.

do trophy shops do this kind of work?
Thanks

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
xls177 said:
do trophy shops do this kind of work?
Maybe but if they do make sure that they do the correct depth and size to meet the BATFE requirement. I doubt many trophy shops know that unless you provide them with the info. Also, I've read that some jewelry stores can do it.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
So you are 100% certain you have to do this?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Okay, silly questions from a noob. What is being engraved and why? Why would BATFE have specs for how it's done? I'm assuming we're not talking about decorative engraving. Just curious.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
My diamond rotary engraving machine could place serial numbers and such. But what is the legality of that?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ga_Regul8r said:
Okay, silly questions from a noob. What is being engraved and why? Why would BATFE have specs for how it's done? I'm assuming we're not talking about decorative engraving. Just curious.
Short barrel rifle (SBR). If you do it yourself (such as converting a pistol to SBR), you are considered the manufacturer, and the ATF requires you to engrave it. If you purchase an SBR directly from a manufacturer, then it does not require engraving.

·
Registered
700 Posts
batoncolle said:
Ga_Regul8r said:
Short barrel rifle (SBR). If you do it yourself (such as converting a pistol to SBR), you are considered the manufacturer, and the ATF requires you to engrave it. If you purchase an SBR directly from a manufacturer, then it does not require engraving.
Okay, thanks for the education.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts