Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Tip, if you don't mind. Don't get in a hurry. Add a couple of small fish, then more in a week. The first two get the nitrogen cycle going. If you rush it, you'll end up with high ammonia levels and cloudy water that will take forever to clear.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i new that will do little at a time plus i have added water from sons tank set up ok will do as u sugested

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Is this a freshwater or saltwater setup? I only ask because I've never had the courage to try saltwater.

I've had several tropical setups, but none now. I have recently finished a 4,300 gallon Koi pond, and plan to put in breeding tanks soon. I have a 2.5 acre mud pond to use as a "growing off" pond. Can't wait to get started next summer!

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is fresh water i could never keep salt water fish alive
my fish are from Africa

demasoni

lemon chiclid

these are photos of the fis i have not the ones in tank cant get good pics so i wanted you to see

my cats haveing a blast watching fish

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
When I had my tanks set up, I had one with African Cichlids. They were pretty cool. I also had a South American tank setup that was heavily planted. Nothing really big in that one. But my tank was so perfect that my black neon tetras spawned like 4 times. I might set up a tank again. I kinda miss it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Very nice. I wish I had the money to get another tank. I would like a 125 gallon. I used to have oscars and I would feed them all sorts of things like crickets, worms goldfish and my favorite.. Baby rats (pinkies). They sure did love the rats and would snap to the surface to grab them.

Good luck with the tank!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts