Washington State Non-Resident

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Match10, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Match10

Match10 Active Member

(I considered placing this post in other forums, but I could not really figure out a better place than right here for the subject, as this seems to best place to report upon other state's licensing. If It is wrong, admins, please move it to the correct area!)

I travelled during August to Washington state to help my parents after my father had a major heart attack and surgery. He's OK, and doing well, so my time there was over a bit sooner than I would have thought.

While there, I went down to the Police Department to get my Concealed Pistol License. I did have to educate the Gig Harbor Police Department that Non-Residents were to apply at any Law Enforcement Office within the state, and I got my fingertips blackened the old fashioned way. It took less than three weeks to approve. You do have to apply in person.

One less state I have to rely upon for reciprocity. Added another one to my collection.... :lol:

[​IMG]

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Cool! I wish Oregon would do that. Sometimes it is too cold to carry openly when I am visiting, so I conceal illegally.

3. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Oregon is a bit of a problem. My parents' beach house is in Depot Bay.... And, well, I carry.