Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I considered placing this post in other forums, but I could not really figure out a better place than right here for the subject, as this seems to best place to report upon other state's licensing. If It is wrong, admins, please move it to the correct area!)

I travelled during August to Washington state to help my parents after my father had a major heart attack and surgery. He's OK, and doing well, so my time there was over a bit sooner than I would have thought.

While there, I went down to the Police Department to get my Concealed Pistol License. I did have to educate the Gig Harbor Police Department that Non-Residents were to apply at any Law Enforcement Office within the state, and I got my fingertips blackened the old fashioned way. It took less than three weeks to approve. You do have to apply in person.

One less state I have to rely upon for reciprocity. Added another one to my collection.... :lol:

·
68,968 Posts
Cool! I wish Oregon would do that. Sometimes it is too cold to carry openly when I am visiting, so I conceal illegally.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oregon is a bit of a problem. My parents' beach house is in Depot Bay.... And, well, I carry.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just renewed my non-resident Washington ccl today. I had an appointment with Gig Harbor PD at 3:00, and walked out 15 minutes later.

The gal remembered me, and said I’m still the only non-resident they’ve done!

Reactions: rmodel65 and 45_Fan

·
68,968 Posts
Depoe Bay is nice. I grew up in Florence, a little ways south down 101. Pretty cool about getting your non-resident in Washington. Too bad it has to be in person, or I would have gotten it already.

Be careful in Oregon, though. The laws just changed for the worse with places off limits. It may not affect where you carry while visiting, but it is good to not get arrested out of ignorance.

SB554 (law now)

See pages 5-8, Sections 8-11

Schools have to post a sign, so look. The Portland Airport folks obviously had a lot to do with this bill, and it is worth reading the airport provisions (all of them in context) carefully before approaching the airport for any reason whatsoever, including picking up arriving passengers.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parents sold the beach house in depoe bay 2 months ago, so I no longer will be visiting that particular state with regularity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts